• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your golf goal for this season?

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
In 2007, I'd like to:

-Keep having as much fun as possible
-Enjoy another year with no driver in bag :)
-Work into the single digits HC, currently 11.4
-Dedicate 4 hours a week to putting and greenside work
-Start playing more courses
-Begin gearing up for a possible tourney or two
-Find another couple good local golf buddies
-Keep having as much fun as possible

SunnyDaze

Dec 11, 2006
I just have a couple targets: I want to cut my index in half (now a 5.6, want to get below a 3), and break par at least once. To do this I'll have to stay healthy enough to keep up the practice time - my back acts up on occassion and I miss several weeks of golf when it happens.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
bryank,

In my experience, nothing will help your game like playing in some little but competitive tournaments that have decent golfers in them. SiberianDVM is playing a "tour" this year and I am willing to bet a sleeve of balls that at the end of the summer he says that it improved his game as much as any "practicing". You have to play smart to win or be in the top 5 or 6 each week.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
bryank,

In my experience, nothing will help your game like playing in some little but competitive tournaments that have decent golfers in them. SiberianDVM is playing a "tour" this year and I am willing to bet a sleeve of balls that at the end of the summer he says that it improved his game as much as any "practicing". You have to play smart to win or be in the top 5 or 6 each week.

I appreciate your vote of confidence, but you may want to make that a cheap sleeve of balls. :D

Playing smart has never been my strong suit. Layup is not in my vocabulary, even though my max 3 wood yardage is 230 yards.

Next tourney is in 2 weeks, and it's on an easy course that I have played several times. :)

And, I bought a used 7 wood to replace my 3 hybrid/3 iron that I can't hit. Took it to the range last night, and it was hitting 190-200 yards high and straight.

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
bryank, after looking over all these goals for '07, I liked yours the best... all great goals sandwiched between having fun ;). I have to agree with gwlee on tournament experience. It, along with practice, just might be the item on your list to get you down under 10. It's also a great way to find more local golf buddies, who will be happy to accompany you on trips to new courses.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Too stop all my f*cking hoing :( and settle down on 14 clubs with only 1 backup driver and putter. :) Then I may have a chance of getting my Handicap down to the 6 I've been trying for 2 seasons to get too. :D

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
This being only my second season my goals are pretty simple.
1)-Break 100.
2)-Make my first Birdie.
3)-Kick Tenn_drivers' ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
For this year, all i really plan to do is, play more. Now that I'll be finally finished university I can (hopefuly) afford to play and practice a lot more. Obviously I hope to improve. Just how much though I'm not sure, as I ave no diea where my game is at since I have barley played for the last few years. It's around bogey golf I think, if thats the case I'm sure I can get close to single digits sometime this year.

I also wouldn't mind getting a round in with Rock, as well. Fire up a good old Manitoba/Saskatchewn rivalry.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
For this year, all i really plan to do is, play more. Now that I'll be finally finished university I can (hopefuly) afford to play and practice a lot more. Obviously I hope to improve. Just how much though I'm not sure, as I ave no diea where my game is at since I have barley played for the last few years. It's around bogey golf I think, if thats the case I'm sure I can get close to single digits sometime this year.

I also wouldn't mind getting a round in with Rock, as well. Fire up a good old Manitoba/Saskatchewn rivalry.

Where the hell have you been? It's been ages. I figured you were frozen solid and Lyle and I might have to come chip you out like a mammoth. :D

R35

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Thunderybay in University. It's been all school, and not much. I'm done forever at the end of April and will be living in Winnipeg. So we'll have to arrange something, this summer if we can.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Other than general improvement, I'm aiming for these:

1. Break 110 (Lowest I hit last year was 124 *embarassed* but I only played 4 rounds! lol)

2. Break 100

3. Upgrade my clubs, putter and wedges first and work outwards from there.

4. Get together with a couple buddies who live in different states and play a round together for the first time ever.

- Sean

🔥 Latest posts