• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your goto club????

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I do not have a go to club. I let the hole dictate what club I should be using. If the driver is really letting me down and I use a different club on the tee, a lot depends on the hole setup as to which club I am going to use. The most important aspect, to me, is determining where you want to hit your second shot from. I select my tee club based on what club can get me to that spot.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
See, I disagree on letting a 6 or 7 be your go to club. Granted, it is largely because the courses I play tournaments at, but it just doesn't work. I can fly my 6 200 easily off the tee, usually more.

This is good, however, you face a 480 Par 4 and it just doesn't cut it. You need the wood.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Actually my driver is the most accurate club in my bag. The tigher the hole the more likely I am to hit it.

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
I suppose it would be a 4 iron i dont carry a 3.We have a 385 par 4 up hill all the way with ob on both sides.On the right the ob is only 15yrds off the fairway and the tee sits on the right side of the hole the left side falls away down a steep hill.I hate this hole it can be a real card wrecker.I can put the 4 to about the 150 marker which is then only a wedge in.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
No doubt about it...its my driver. The clubface is so large that mishits are minimized due to its size.

I choke down on the grip and hold the club so that one full inch of shaft shows below my left hand.

I take the club back to about 10:00 and swing through to about 3:00 and hold on to it. A knockdown/punch that is highly reliable for me.

I'll get about 235 out of this shot and hit it in the fairway a very high percentage...

Before I got this driver - I would use my Sonartec from the tee, but I get better results with this driver knockdown/stinger now...

🔥 Latest posts