• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your handicap?

lameshooter

Eagle is my middle name.
Apr 13, 2005
Lets see how this varies between us, say how many years you've been golfing and what your handicap is if you know.

I've been golfing for about 3 years now and have a handicap of 12.

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
I'm a 12 but also confused a bit...... I play 2 different courses equally, on is par 70, rated 66.5 w/ a slope of 102, the other is par 72, rated 71.8 and slope of 125. I combine all scores for my handicap as I can't find anything on the USGA website (or through email) that says not to. Here's the confusion, if I figure the courses seperately, the first has a hcp of 9, the second a 13.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
P_102, I think you just calculate your last 10 of 20 rounds, regardless of where you play. At least that's how we do it up here with the BCGA and RCGA.

A little over 3 years for me and I'm down to about a 19.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
first played 8 years ago, really started i'd say about 6 years ago been anywhere from a 20, to a 4, right now i'm in a slump and am around 14 or so,

i think its right on the edge of dropping quickly though, all i need to do is drop a bit more time and i'll quickly drop maybe 7 shots

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
ChrisR, you can calculate it yourself. USGA website gives all hcp. rules and formula.

P_102

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I play to about a 4 over the last two summers, i've been playing for 24 years (since I was 4). You can do the math to find out how old I am.... ;)

But, even playing with a 4hcp, I can still make double bogey with the best of them. Almost as well as Dave. Almost. :p

R35

4Aces

Jul 7, 2005
My index

4Aces here.

Been playing almost 29 years (will turn 5-0h next week) and current index is 1.4.

Still trying to drive it down even lower.

Will try and qualify for the Senoir US Open at Winged Foot next year. (Missed this year by 2 weeks!!!)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
4Aces said:
4Aces here.

Been playing almost 29 years (will turn 5-0h next week) and current index is 1.4.

Will try and qualify for the Senoir US Open at Winged Foot next year. (Missed this year by 2 weeks!!!)

Excellent Aces, just hope ya make yer money and retire before I get over there :D .... best of luck in yer pursuit btw

MyGolfDomain.com

Apr 2, 2005
4Aces said:
4Aces here.

Good luck on having to change your name soon!

Happy 50th, too! I think it's the biggest b-day there is.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online