• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Is Your Worst Hole This Year?

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
I think I might kick up some stories this way. But, at any rate, what has been your worst hole this year so far?

I had a 21. :biglol:

Followed it up with birdie, eagle, birdie, quad, par par, bogey bogey. 41 after ESC. :real angry:

My old man was there, too.

Four consecutive duck-hooks into the woods. (1, 3, 5, 7)

Massive slice into the trees on the right. (9)

3 iron to nowhere. Hit a tree and dropped dead. (10)

8 iron over the green. (11)

Pitching wedge rolled across green into sand. (12)

Picked the ball clean instead of exploding. Ball goes off other side. (13)

Skulled a 60 degree wedge 30 yards over the green into the cabbage. (14)

Hacked it out of the cabbage. (15)

Chili-dipped it into the same bunker. (16)

Two flubbed shots in the sand. (17, 18)

Sand wedge to 15 feet. (19)

Two putt. (20, 21.)

Had to fish it out of the "What'd You Shoot Today" thread. :eek:

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I didn't have a real blow up hole this year, knock on wood. The worst was a 9 on a par 5. Tee shot hooked out of bounds, hitting 3 off the tee, hooked it right OB again, hitting 5 off the tee, nice drive down the center, next shot to about 90 yds from the the green, then duffed a chip, chipped on in 8 and made a 10 footer for a quad. Just a routine 9.:laugh:

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Dear god... I would hate to be palying behind a 21.....

I think i had a 9 on a par 4..at TRYOUTS!!!!!!!!!!

Tee shot left trees 260yards, kicked left.. punched .. his a branch kicked left... Chunk, Punch to rough.. Pulled into another tree in fairway left side.. then into bunker out 3 putt? something like that

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
I made an 10 on a par 5 as follows:

1. Beautiful 3 wood down the middle.

2. Second shot is a forced carry over a hazard. I hit 3 wood, and duffed it into the hazard.

3. Drop

4. Change to a layup with a 5 iron as I'm now in the rough, and duff it into the hazard again.

5. Drop.

6. 5 iron to 80 yards out.

7. Sand wedge into a green side bunker.

8. Chip out across the green.

9. Putt from off the green to a foot.

10. Tap in.

Not one of my more stellar moments. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Took a Nine on a par 3 in the second day of a 4 day club championship. Had taken a 6 on the hole the prior day. Missed making the final four on the first two day combined score, and playing for the championship the following week by just 6 strokes. It was the only terrible hole I had in the Club Championship. Proceeded to play the A Flight match the following week going into that same hole Dormie, and conceding the hole at 5 to lose the match. Again the only hole I played real terrible and couldn't live with the result.

So in the 3 days I had a combined total of 20 on a par 3. Go figure, I think bogie is the worst I have done on the hole in about 6-7 rounds since.

It also marked the end of my Mizuno SW and replaced it the following day having lost all confidence in the POS. Funny that I didn't blame my 6i or 5i which got me in the initial trouble each time. I have only thrown a club once in my life out of frustration while playing golf, when I first started the game 7 years ago. Just flipped it forward on the ground. Made a pact then if I ever did again, it was time to find a new hobby out of respect to the game. I darn near threw that SW deep into the woods to leave it there for good and never be seen again, as it had cost me probably 10 strokes or more in the Club Championship. Although looking at it, I decided it may fetch $30-40 on a trade and wasn't worth giving up the game quite yet. Which it did trade and get $35.

Recap of hole:
1 - 6i hazard
3 - SW same hazard
5 - SW Same hazard - within a foot of the other 2
7 - Green, 2 putt.

edit 1 - also carded a 10 on a par 5 of a playoff hole in match play. Giving the guy a stroke, he carded a 12 so I won the match. But not as bad as the 6 over triple par on a par 3, and a much better result.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I had a ten on a par four, after shooting 39 on the front.

1: Slice off the tee OB.
3: Re-tee out to the right rough.
4: Approach short into bunker
5: Leave number five in bunker
6: Escape bunker, barely, in greenside rough
7: chunk chip
8: chip on
9: miss ten footer
10: tap in.

It was ugly. With ESC, I still shot 81.

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
Mine is more about missed opportunities than a bad hole.
Hole is a 320 yd par 4 with a 90* dog leg left at 240 yds.

My drive went 250 with a slight draw to the left. It finished right in the middle of the fairway 60 yards from the pin. Normally I hit 220 to 230 and don't quite reach the bend.

Staring out an easy par and possible birdie, I skull the shot across the green, over a hill and under a tree.

Hit a fat chip that doesn't make it back to the top of the hill.

Hit another fat chip that gets past the top of the hill, but doesn't reach the green.

Skull a chip across the green into a trap.

Got out of the trap but barely reached the green.

3 putted on the green.

I found other ways to shoot 9's this year. But none so frustrating.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That 8 on that par 3 that took me out of a tournament. :(

RustyL

Sep 20, 2007
I had a 10 on a par 4. I still don't understand sand traps...:real angry:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A 9 a couple of times on the same hole. Water in all the wrong places. Hit it in the water, stroke to come out. Hit it in the "other" water, stroke to come out, finally get it on the green and 3-putt the damn thing. Good thing it was the last hole since it had me so furious I couldn't have hit a golf ball afterwards. Ruined a couple nice scores. :(

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I made a 13 on the opening hole of a tournament, with maybe 20 people watching me tee off.

Shanked 3 iron off the tee
thinned 6 iron off the tee that went maybe a buck 40.
fatted 8 iron into the water
fatted second 8 iron into the water
hit third 8 iron to bunker
got out, terribly
3 putt

I have no idea how i didnt launch a club into that damn lake.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I think I might kick up some stories this way. But, at any rate, what has been your worst hole this year so far?

I had a 21. :biglol:

Followed it up with birdie, eagle, birdie, quad, par par, bogey bogey. 41 after ESC. :real angry:

Sorry, man, but I don't believe anyone is capable of going from having a 21 (you could pull someone off the street and do better, by the way!) to having 2 birdies and an eagle in three consecutive holes. And then a quadruple bogey after that ?!?? Man, that is just absolutely crazy, and I don't believe it can happen.

Plus, why on earth did you hit FOUR balls off a tee ??!! Plus, why on earth did you continue to play AFTER your 8th or 9th shot ??! That is downright stupidity and showing distinct lack of respect to those behind you.

I have seen anyone take a 21, or anywhere near it on our golf course. And you can run up big numbers on some holes. And there are some **** players.

This is one of the most stupid things I have ever read. Ever.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Four consecutive duck-hooks into the woods. (1, 3, 5, 7)

Massive slice into the trees on the right. (9)

3 iron to nowhere. Hit a tree and dropped dead. (10)

8 iron over the green. (11)

Pitching wedge rolled across green into sand. (12)

Picked the ball clean instead of exploding. Ball goes off other side. (13)

Skulled a 60 degree wedge 30 yards over the green into the cabbage. (14)

Hacked it out of the cabbage. (15)

Chili-dipped it into the same bunker. (16)

Two flubbed shots in the sand. (17, 18)

Sand wedge to 15 feet. (19)

Two putt. (20, 21.)

You hit all these types of shots, which in fact Joe Bloggs off the street could do, or better, then go 'birdie, eagle, birdie' straight after, which you're gonna be unlucky not to be 'up' on Tiger with. Therefore you're going from being a total beginner who appears to have never picked up a club before to Pro-like capabilities.

Does anyone else here not think that this is a load of old bollocks....?!

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Oh, by the way, a few weeks ago a 21 handicapper playing behind us had a 12 on our par-5 7th hole. Now we were slagging the balls outta him at the halfway hut. Now this guy doesn't go round shooting 'birdie, eagle, birdie' after taaking big numbers; ie. 7 or 8's....never mind a 21. . . !

🔥 Latest posts