• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Majors have you attended?

Stooonne

Jul 17, 2008
I saw somebody say they went to the British Open so I didn't want to derail that thread with this question so I made a new thread here.

What majors have you attended? What was your experience like?

2006 U.S. Open Winged Foot Practice Round
The only golfing event that I attended was actually a major. I was fortunate enough to receive tickets for the 2006 US Open Winged Foot practice round and it was incredible. The crowds were very reasonable and I got close to everybody I wanted to see. Tiger's crowd was a little ridiculous but I was 5 feet from him at one point when he was teeing off for one hole. A lot of the golfers were pretty easy going about giving autographs.

I was fortunate enough to get to speak to Sean O'Hair during the practice round when they were waiting on groups ahead of them and nobody was really following that group around. He really is a nice guy, I'm always rooting for him now. Sergio was kind enough to get in a picture with me (because I was talking to one of his friends in the crowd and he called Sergio over and he actually came right over).

2006 U.S. Open Winged Foot (Saturday Round)
I wish Tiger had made the cut but it was not to be. Still had a blast and followed Mickelson, Monty. J.B. Holmes, and a lot of other golfers. The crowds were very manageable the entire time and I could get close to the action on almost every shot. Awesome day.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
None, and I don't see myself attending one unless invited.

Irish

May 9, 2007
went to 2006 US PGA at Medinah for saturday and sunday when Tiger won...was enjoyable although saturday was a struggle after a very heavy night in chicago on friday night...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I was at the 2004 PGA at Whistling Straits for all four days. It was a great experience, and I'd like to have all four majors under my belt before I die. The Masters might be tough, but I think I can make both Opens happen.

EDIT - Thought I'd add a funny story from the event. I followed Chris DiMarco around on Thursday, and kept noticing this guy wearing a hat that said C. DiMarco on the back. I finally asked him how he got the cool hat, and he said, "I'm Chris' Dad, and this is his Mom, and his..."

Basically, his whole family was there, watching him play. That was cool.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
1998 Masters, Friday. The most memorable moment was being on the 18th green to see Jack Nicklaus make a birdie(?) putt. I also saw the US Amateur at East Lake a few years back.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
Someday...

I'm hoping someday, that I will be able to go and see the US Open. It's by far my favorite Major Championship... and someday i'd like to be good enough to just go to a regional qualifer for the experience of it.

Something about our national championship, and that it's on Father's Day makes it one of my favorite weekends of the year.

Ultimately to see Tiger play at the Open would be a dream come true...

someday maybe I'll get out ot see it :)

A.

:usflag:

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
1984 and 1990 PGA Championships
1999 US Open
1970 and 1996 Masters

Was scheduled to go to the 2000 Open Championship at St. Andrews. Was going to be in the R&A clubhouse at the invitation of a member and cancelled.

I have done a lot of stupid things in my life and this one is pretty high on the list.:faintthud

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
1984 and 1990 PGA Championships
1999 US Open
1970 and 1996 Masters

Was scheduled to go to the 2000 Open Championship at St. Andrews. Was going to be in the R&A clubhouse at the invitation of a member and cancelled.

I have done a lot of stupid things in my life and this one is pretty high on the list.:faintthud
I hate to agree with you on this one, but yeah, that was a missed opportunity.

Mine was getting a press pass to a night launch of the shuttle. I would have been three miles away, instead of the usual eleven miles. I needed money at the time, so I worked overtime, and gave the pass to a friend.

He came back and said exactly two words to me:

Thanks, FOOL!

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
Been to the 2005 US Open at Pinehurst on saturday and the 2007 US Women's Open at Pine Needles on Thursday. At the Women's Open i was lucky enough to get Se Ri Pak, Lorena, and Morgan Pressel's autographs while they were practicing after their rounds so that was pretty cool. Also had the chance to chat with Morgan Pressel's grandfather while watching her on the 18th. Both were wonderful experiences and I want to go to all four majors before i die also. Had a chance to go to the 2007 Masters but had a tournament that I finished runner up in.

🔥 Latest posts