• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Mental Errors Cost You The Most Shots?

EddieBradley

Oct 16, 2008
<HR style="COLOR: #59b124" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hello everyone

What are the mental errors that you most commonly make? How many shots do they cost you per round?

For me, it was losing concentration and focus on the actual process of hitting the shot. I found that my mind wandered to what the potential results might be. I've written a short ebook about how I overcame it but I'm now in the process of writing its big brother - "The 18 Biggest Mental Errors in Golf...And How to Avoid Them!"

I'm looking for more material for it so any war stories or success stories about your battles with the mental side of golf would be greatly appreciated!

All the best

Eddie Bradley
<!-- / message -->[email protected]

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Remembering spammers notes on the field when I'm about to shot....

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
My biggest mental error? Picturing Eracer in a plaid thong with matching socks hitting a 48" driver from the tips. My brain went into an immediate lockdown, doctor's thought I was in a coma. Then, Jeff called in from New Mexico. They put the phone to my ear and I heard the words that brought me back: "He wears boxers because thongs chafe him."

See, that makes as much sense as your spam, but I won't get banned!!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That was a good one MC.

I was actually hoping this was a good thread.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
"The 18 Biggest Mental Errors in Golf...And How to Avoid Them!"

Not sure if that would even be enough mental swing thoughts to get Eracer through his first Backswing, you would have to write another 80 books just to get him through the round. :laugh:

Suggestions??? Maybe read one of Rotella's books and test you hand a plagiarism. It would probably sell pretty well until they throw you in prison.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
"The 18 Biggest Mental Errors in Golf...And How to Avoid Them!"

Not sure if that would even be enough mental swing thoughts to get Eracer through his first Backswing, you would have to write another 80 books just to get him through the round. :laugh:

Suggestions??? Maybe read one of Rotella's books and test you hand a plagiarism. It would probably sell pretty well until they throw you in prison.
No, no, no !!! You've got me all wrong.

I only have one swing thought:

keepyourheaddownandyourkneesbentinanathleticpostureovertheballnowdontforgettokeepyourchinupandletyourhandshangdownbreathedammitnowonepiecetakeawaytempotempotempoandafullfollowthroughtoarelaxedfinish.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
:
keepyourheaddownandyourkneesbentinanathleticpostureovertheballnowdontforgettokeepyourchinupandletyourhandshangdownbreathedammitnowonepiecetakeawaytempotempotempoandafullfollowthroughtoarelaxedfinish.

Yu know its not YOURfault. You just have to get a new driver, again:laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yu know its not YOURfault. You just have to get a new driver, again:laugh:
A Ping G10...right?
icon12.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.