• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What putting style do you use?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
What putter style & grip do you use? Do you have one trusty putter or alternate between a couple?

I have just changed to a belly putter 2 weeks ago. My brother bought me a Scotty, but I took it back within a week. I have a good putting stroke, straight back and through until there's a ball in front of me then my back stroke looks like Zoro's Z mark. I wasn't looking to buy a Belly putter just thought whats the point of having a £175 putter that i'm crap with? Anyway whilts at the store I just picked up a Nike belly putter and holed about 15 putts in a row on there putting green, it was really easy to swing straight back & through. It was only £30. I took it and played last Saturday with it in the 1st comp of the season, shot a net 70 tied for 4th and putted well. This week I changed it for a STX sync belly putter again putted well and shot 37 stableford points tied 3rd.

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
i just changed my grip to the one with your pointer fingers down the shaft. It helps getting a smooth stroke that doesnt turn or anything.

As far as the stroke, im strait back, and strait foreward and my eyes dont look up until the ball is a good 5 feet after i hit it.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I've gone to the claw style, and along with training myself to have a quiet eye and still head. I got around in 33 putts today, would have been 32 if not for a nerve-wracked 3-putt at the last.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
I've gone to the claw style, and along with training myself to have a quiet eye and still head. I got around in 33 putts today, would have been 32 if not for a nerve-wracked 3-putt at the last.

Claw grip + Quiet Eye= Crazy Delicious.

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
I have same grip as I go with my irons which your right in thinking that my putting is poorest part of my game. My grips change every week. It will be changing for the best in a few weeks through lessons.

BHW

Dec 31, 2005
Putting Problems?

Hi Folks,
Perhaps more so than any other shot in golf, putting is all in the head - convince yourself that you're a good putter and you could knock them in with a bent branch! So don't bother spending fortunes on equipment (that's just succumbing to the clever marketing men) all you need to do is think differently and putting is the easiest part of the game - just knock it into the hole!
I can recommend a great book for any struggling golfers out there (like I used to be) - 'How to Halve your Handicap', don't know if it's in the shops but there's a web-site www.newyoupublishing.co.uk.
I now play to or below my handicap everytime I play - and my wife says I'm a much easier person to live with!
Cheers, BHW.

🔥 Latest posts