• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What shaft

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
But why are people buying them at that price?
There is a segment of our fellow golfers who have significant dollars to use as "disposable income". They have to have the latest in clubs and the most expensive options available. The mindset is that the more money spent equates to the best possible results in playing this Game. These are the folks who will shell out thousands each year for every new club release that comes down the pike. And... these are the people who, when asked, will tell of the 400 yard drives, 300 yard fairway shots, and 200 yard 9-irons. As far as a manufacturer, why wouldn't you make just a few unique shafts if there is a group who will spend $800 to $1,000 for one??
I really think Parsons Golf (PXG) is designed to cater to these folks. If there is a $7,500 set of irons out there, some will give their credit card info in a heartbeat to post on WRX that they are playing them. These folks will walk into the local Country Club with their bag, dressed to the 'nines' expecting to shoot in the mid-60's due to the cost of their equipment. When they shoot in the low 90's and are beaten a stroke a hole by someone with a set of Eye 2's or old Hogan blades, they head back home in their Range Rover cursing that somehow the course cheated them out of a good round.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
But why? I mean, good for them if they can get people to buy them at that price, more power to them. But why are people buying them at that price?

Is there that much of a performance gain there to justify that for professionals?
I couldn't tell you. I'm fundamentally against spending more for a golf shaft than I would for a set of tires.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The rims are 20". The tires, naturally, are larger than that. ( OD anyway...ID is actually smaller)

Yep. The OD might be a little more than 20", but they don't look all that big.....:D
small tires.jpg

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Okay, here the reason for this thread. I want a Titty 915 D2 10.5° stiff flex driver. They offer 3 shafts which are:

Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Diamana M+ Red 50
Diamana S+ Blue 60

I've had a driver (Titleist?) with the Diamana Blue 60 and liked the shaft. I know nothing about the other two choices other then I believe the Diamana M+ Red is the lightest shaft choice. Are any of you familiar with any of these shafts and which would you choose and why. Thanks.

Found this out...

Aldila Rogue Silver 60 Low spin low launch
Diamana M+ Red 50 High spin high launch (lightest)
Diamana S+ Blue 60 Mid spin mid launch

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My 913 has the Diamana Red in it. I was just sorta falling in love with it when I picked up the R15. So, the 913 is currently residing in the basement. I can believe your analysis of the shaft as far as high spin, high launch. It took a little more work for me to keep it in play, but I thought the distance and trajectory was great. No experience with the others.
I'll send this 913 up for you to try, if you like. Problem is, the Diamana in it is "R" flex which probably wouldn't fit a young flat-belly like yourself!!!:D

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
My 913 has the Diamana Red in it. I was just sorta falling in love with it when I picked up the R15. So, the 913 is currently residing in the basement. I can believe your analysis of the shaft as far as high spin, high launch. It took a little more work for me to keep it in play, but I thought the distance and trajectory was great. No experience with the others.
I'll send this 913 up for you to try, if you like. Problem is, the Diamana in it is "R" flex which probably wouldn't fit a young flat-belly like yourself!!!:D
Young flat belly? LOL! That offer is interesting btw. :)

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Lol, picked up a Nike Vapor driver today. But it had a regular shaft in it. The owner of the store swapped it out for a Diamana Blue Board 60X for free. Have never hit this shaft. We'll see tomorrow

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Lol, picked up a Nike Vapor driver today. But it had a regular shaft in it. The owner of the store swapped it out for a Diamana Blue Board 60X for free. Have never hit this shaft. We'll see tomorrow

My favorite shaft. The Blue Board is superb

🔥 Latest posts