• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What SHould Happen?

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
I don't know if this is in the right section but....I'm 15 and I go to a golf camp at my local club. We just got done playing, and I am sitting in a chair with my bag behind the chair talking to the pro about his vacation. This younger kid about 10 or 9 takes my new Lux putterout of my bag without asking me or telling me and proceeds to drop it on concrete. I got the putter about 2 weeks ago that is spotless, no scratches at all and now it has a deep cement scratch/gouge/mark in the corner of the sole and mini scracthes everywhere else. The kid doen't even say sorry and runs as fast as he can as soon as he sees his dad so I can't tell his dad what he did. The kid said he did not drop it and the deep scratch was there when The pro and I ask/yell at the kid why he did it?

What do you think should happen? Nothing at all? Buy me a new one? Pay for refinish?

Thanks,
JAden

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I personaly would have given him 'The Peoples Elbow' The Little Fecker!!!

Not sure what you can do if he's saying he didn't damage it. Maybe blame the Pro for distracting you and tell him to give you a Scotty cameron as Compo :)

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Tell his dad to start forking out of the wallet. If he refuses, smack the $hit out of both of 'em. Sorry for being so blunt, but I'm 15 myself, and double-digit golfers in Hicksville, NC (not real) handle this sort of conflict in that manner.

OP
lilhellmaker17

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Manchester...I was ready to shove an OB stake up his A$S. He did say that he did it later on and was sorry, but that doesn't solve s**t to me. Good i dea on getting a scotty out of the pro, but he is already working on getting me a 907 D4 for beating him in a match 68-69.

Hok...I was ready to go tell his dad whatsup but I was in the bathroom when the little fecker left.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That sucks. The Dad should be a man about it, and the Pro should tell the Dad to man up. Whatever happens, don't get yourself in trouble by fighting anyone. It's just a putter. Don't get me wrong, you have every right to be pissed off. But the kid didn't slap your sister or anything, right?

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
where are the scratches. I'd be po'ed as well, but moreso if it was anywhere where it could screw up a putt. on the back/top/sides I wouldn't be as concerned. Its the bottom and the front that would make me really mad.

But the kid didn't slap your sister or anything, right?

depends if he likes his sister or not.

OP
lilhellmaker17

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
The gouge/scratch is right where the face and the bottom meet. Ill have pictures up tomorrow.

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
United States United States
you shot a 68?

wow thats really good

but seriously I would come close to killing this kid.... Or I would just have dad fork out the cash

OP
lilhellmaker17

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
The putter was absolutely spotless before this happened and here is the damage.

Here are the pictures:

ai72.photobucket.com_albums_i163_lilhellmaker17_Putter001.jpg

ai72.photobucket.com_albums_i163_lilhellmaker17_Putter002.jpg

ai72.photobucket.com_albums_i163_lilhellmaker17_Putter003.jpg

Jaden

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
yeah...it sucks, and you shouldnt have to deal with something like that

But seriously? Buy you a new one?

Unless the dad decides to pay you for the damage like a respectable human being, theres really nothing your going to do. Since taking him to small claims would cost you more than your going to get back out of him(unless its like a $600 putter) plus you have no real evidence that his son did it...

People make mistakes, i doubt he maliciously slammed your putter on the ground. I would just move on.

PeterMan

Jun 21, 2006
As a parent I personally would take full responsibility for my child's actions. I would buy you a new putter (and I would keep the damaged one for myself ;-))

Bust seriously, parents need to start taking responsibility for the actions of their children. If the pro was a witness, ask him to come with you and talk to the dad. Explain to him that you understand that the kid did not do this maliciously, no hard feelings, etc... be nice :) Then tell him that you just got this putter, you were very excited to get it and now it is damaged. If this guy is any kind of dad he would want to teach his son that his actions were wrong, and should also want to teach his son responsibility. He should offer to either buy you a new one or repair it, if possible...

If he does not I would suggest that you don't do anything foolish, but make sure that you tell folks around the golf course that this particular person is not a responsible guy... His kid tarnished your putter, you can tarnish his reputation...

Best of luck, and remember that cooler heads prevail...

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
Since you didn't talk to the kid's father when it happened, if the kid denies it, then I wouldn't expect much.

All you can do is talk to the father, calmly and reasonably (without demanding anything, becuase that'll likely get you nowhere).

Also, keep a tighter grip on your gear in the future, I guess.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'd say you chalk it up as a learning experience: Don't leave your clubs where you can't see them...even right behind you.

Don't take me wrong, I agree with your feelings, but in reality it's just a putter and the scratches will not change the way it works.

Put less emphasis on how your clubs look and more on how they work. In the long run, you'll come out ahead.

🔥 Latest posts