• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what song are you listening to ?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Say that to my cousin.

Rap is music. By definition: music is an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

Rap sure definately fits into that description.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Say that to my cousin.

Rap is music. By definition: music is an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

Rap sure definately fits into that description.

That's one definition. Another is:

"The science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity".

Rap (and I'm talking about REAL Rap, not this pre-packaged crap that pretends to be Rap) is a free-form poetic spoken-word expression of resistance. It is percussive, not melodic. It is non-compositional by nature.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Agreed im not talkin about rap as in the sex drugs and money junk like The Game and all those guys, like actual rap that has meaning.

Just depends on whose POV on music now dont it;).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Agreed im not talkin about rap as in the sex drugs and money junk like The Game and all those guys, like actual rap that has meaning.

Just depends on whose POV on music now dont it;).

Absolutely right. John Cage did a piece called 4.33 that was 273 seconds of silence. It that music? Are the rest notes found in a Mozart concerto music? When I say that Rap is not music, it's the same as saying that reciting Shakespeare is not music. (I'm not saying that Rap can be compared to Shakespeare, either.) But both are forms of poetry, which I (personally) don't think of as music. I don't think a drum circle is music, but, like Rap, it can be an engaging form of creative expression.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
right now its between these 2

Lonely Train-Black Stone Cherry
Ladies And Gentlemen-Saliva

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Let's go back to when there were no videos and the music had to cut it on it's sound only. There are some hip hop and rap stuff I like but I HATE the "in your face" stuff. I want to smack them. Entertain me. Don't piss me off. :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
There is NO SUCH THING!! (Hip hop singers DON'T sing!!) :laugh:

I wouldn't know, whenever he music videos come on I put it on mute and just enjoy the show.

Course, that's getting into the other subject that women are prettier when they are quiet.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.