• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what song are you listening to ?

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Rain Wizard - Black Stone Cherry, if you havent heard it give it a listen, right now though its the immigrant song by Zepplin

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
thought i'd get some inspiration for my putting

Aerosmith- I don't Want to Miss a Thing.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
oh wow... dont get me started...:)

can someone say, generation gap??

I have no intention of "getting you started". But I lived through the beginnings of Rap. I know what it is. And what it is not. I will defer to you when it comes to knowing today's music, because it is what you are living through. But please don't pretend to know more about what I grew up with.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hehehe. On a pure objective basis, rap is music.

I err on the side of calling everything music though, because it bothers me to no end when snobbish professors and family members think that few things beyond Classical is music.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hehehe. On a pure objective basis, rap is music.

I err on the side of calling everything music though, because it bothers me to no end when snobbish professors and family members think that few things beyond Classical is music.

Just like my snobbish literature professors who called Science Fiction ill-literature. They refused to recognize it as having any literary value at all. So I hear what you are saying. I still say Rap (again - REAL Rap) is not music. It is free-form poetry.

But I tire easily of semantic arguments, so if you really want to call it "music", that's fine by me.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Just like my snobbish literature professors who called Science Fiction ill-literature. They refused to recognize it as having any literary value at all. So I hear what you are saying. I still say Rap (again - REAL Rap) is not music. It is free-form poetry.

But I tire easily of semantic arguments, so if you really want to call it "music", that's fine by me.

Actually I had never heard of it that way. An interesting train of thought...I like it.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Not listening to anything at the moment, but the song playing in my car was:

"Nightrider" by Dokken

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I'm a bit late the party here, but oh well.

At the moment, I've got Europa, by Carlos Santana, playing on my iPod.

Members online

No members online now.