• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what style of music do you listen to?

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
>>>>>Love all "good" music....<<<<<<

Well that would depend on what you are classing as 'good' music! ;)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
i listen to alot of rock and rap, and a little techno. rap- fort minor and cyniks (my cousin is a rapper! haha www.myspace.com/cyniks ) all sorts of rock, and anything else that sounds good to my ear.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Best concert ever was Motely Crue 1987 at the Tacoma Dome. 2 people died on the floor in general addmission, my buddy had his arm broken(Karma he had it coming) I lost my Jean Jacket, concert shirt, and 1 shoe. Hit it with 2.5 girls in the Dome, one in the parking lot, and the girl I went with when we got home. .5 girl would be based on Clintons ideas of what actually constitutes hitting it. Oh yeah and the show was pretty good too, I heard the humming noise for 2 more days.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Everything thats not rap oldies country so basically new and classic rock lol. I saw Alice Cooper,Rush,Motley Crew, and I am going to, Def Leppard, Journey, Godsmack, Robzombie, and Shinedown in September I play bass guitar so I listen to a lot of music.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
reggae rules!!!

Being in Athens, GA , there are more bands and musicians around here than there are golf balls in the pond at your course. for a town of 100,000 people to have produced bands like R.E.M. , the B-52's, and Widespread Panic, and slightly lesser known like Jucifer, the Drive by Truckers, Pylon, and Love Tractor is amazing.
Athens has "Athfest" each summer where they close down the downtown area and set up three stages in the streets. $20 gets you a pass for cover fees at most of the bars and the number of bands in town that weekend is rumored at 200+.

If your into reggae ever heard of Dubconscious? They recorded their last CD in the studio next door to me and I even got to be a background voice on one cut.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Davebud said:
Best concert ever was Motely Crue 1987 at the Tacoma Dome. 2 people died on the floor in general addmission, my buddy had his arm broken(Karma he had it coming) I lost my Jean Jacket, concert shirt, and 1 shoe. Hit it with 2.5 girls in the Dome, one in the parking lot, and the girl I went with when we got home. .5 girl would be based on Clintons ideas of what actually constitutes hitting it. Oh yeah and the show was pretty good too, I heard the humming noise for 2 more days.

Whoa! If that was the best, what was the worst?

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
Many different styles for depending on my mood:

1) Metal - many flavors and varieties (heavy, power, black, death, etc...). This is what I have predominantly in the car. The majority of what I will have on will be in the Iron Maiden/Judas Priest realm. My MP3 players are 80% metal...
2) Blues - more modern blues, like Stevie Ray Vaughan
3) Classic Rock - AC/DC, Zeppelin, Clapton, Cream, etc..
4) Jazz - I find times when a little Spyro Gyra or Acoustic Alchemy fits just right
5) Classical - at work I find a little Mozart, Haydn and Tchiakovsky are a good choice when tackling a challenging problem

No rap, pop or country/western for this boy...

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Eclectic would be a good description of my musical taste. Whilst at work I generally listen to one of the following:

Prodigy (older stuff is my fave but I like it all)
hardcore rave (when I've got a lot to do it gets my going)
Jack Johnson
Michael Buble
Ratpack
Linkin Park
Classic FM
Queen
Status Quo
70's, 80's & 90's pop
Katie Melua (mainly coz I like to visualise her singing to me, yummy)

The only music I can't stand is "gangsta rap" and most hip-hop. The only remote exceptions are gangsta's paradise by Coolio, "No Diggety" by Blackstreet and "Hotstepper" by Ini Kamoze.

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
Davebud said:

I saw the Crue on the "Shout At The Devil" tour in 1983(??). They opened for Ozzy on his "Bark At The Moon" tour. Awesome show. I've seen Iron Maiden three times (all back during the "Piece of Mind" and "Powerslave" tours) - they were the best show I have seen. Judas Priest and the Scorpions were also very good bands to see live.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
EnglishGolfer said:
Eclectic would be a good description of my musical taste. Whilst at work I generally listen to one of the following:

Prodigy (older stuff is my fave but I like it all)
hardcore rave (when I've got a lot to do it gets my going)
Jack Johnson
Michael Buble
Ratpack
Linkin Park
Classic FM
Queen
Status Quo
70's, 80's & 90's pop
Katie Melua (mainly coz I like to visualise her singing to me, yummy)

The only music I can't stand is "gangsta rap" and most hip-hop. The only remote exceptions are gangsta's paradise by Coolio, "No Diggety" by Blackstreet and "Hotstepper" by Ini Kamoze.

I Love Love Love Michael Buble - guys, if you need to sex up your wives, play some of that for her - never fails:)

th

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
token_hottie said:
I Love Love Love Michael Buble - guys, if you need to sex up your wives, play some of that for her - never fails:)

th

TH - your trying to tell us that playing Ozzy or Motley Crue might not be the right way to set the mood?

((That would explain some things...))

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
CybrSlicr said:
TH - your trying to tell us that playing Ozzy or Motley Crue might not be the right way to set the mood?

((That would explain some things...))

I said your wives will like MB - that other stuff will still work on your trashy girlfriends :D

th

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Michael Buble

>>>>>I Love Love Love Michael Buble - guys, if you need to sex up your wives, play some of that for her - never fails:) <<<<<<

LOL I wonder where I'd fit in....I'm neither anyones trashy g/f, nor am I a wife! :D:D

Hey I love Michael Buble too, I just wish our local radio station would play a little more Buble sometimes. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.