• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do w/ a new set of Big Bertha Irons?

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
I became the owner of a NIB set of Big Bertha Irons and I'm not sure what to do with them.

My confusion comes as I bought a great set of MP57's last season & was hitting them very well. Then I developed the shanks and have had a bitch of a time curing them. I hit them well for a round or two then back it comes.... I'm thinking maybe I should just accept the limits of oversized irons and move back to them. If I do that would I want to play the bertha's or get something else....

So what do you think
Option 1. Sell them and keep the money fight it out w/ my sticks
Option 2. Sell my mizuno's keep the bertha's put some $$ into something else
Option 3. Sell both sets and get a new set of irons maybe somethin in OS that I can't shank
Option 4. ???????

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sell the Big Berthas, and take the money from them and invest in lessons. :D

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
my guess....

you were getting "too familiar" with good shots, and you have let yourself forget somthing real simple.
like....when you tighten your hand on the grip..moves the face.
or simply forgetting to keep your eyes/head back of the ball at address.

I say this from my little bit of experience.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Sell the Big Berthas, and take the money from them and invest in lessons. :D

I agree. Please don't bag the Berthas, and the Mizunos are just wonderful clubs which makes me think you might need to correct some fault which a couple of lessons might do the trick for...

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Just got done w/ a series of lessons.. pured the mizuno's for 3 rounds and back to the shitter again.. I just don't make a confident swing w/ a midsized iron right now.. give me any oversized and I'm fine.. It's sad but I tend to just lay off the right side, decel, come through w/ the early release it causes and an open face... game over :(

I'm thinking I'm 90% selling the bertha's... haven't decided if it's the mizuno's too yet.

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
I've been properly fitted.. My mizuno's are custom :) although w/ my new swing my lie angle might have changed a little bit.

So anyone wanna buy some berthas?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.