• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what to do?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Okay, the TA1's are going, i haven't the skill to play blades and i don't wanna try anymore, as i've said i'll later advance to something like a cleveland TA2 or 3

whats the best way to get the most $ for them?

i'd say they're in mid condition it would be a real plus if i could be discrete and that my parents wouldn't know b/c for some reason they care about this stuff

i will be driving soon and i guess that'd make it easier to ship them or something

i have no clue how to work ebay and trading in for credit is a rip off so i'm told

thanks

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I have the TA1, TA3 and the Mizuno Mp-30.
I love the TA1, as it truly does what you want it to do. But a slight mishit leads to distance loss.
TA3 are nice and a little more forgiving.
The mp-30 are REALLY nice. Forgiving, feel is astounding, great distance, you gain 1 to 2 club versus the TA1.

IMHO, you should save up and invest in a iron set that you'll keep for years.
I bought the TA1 new for 600$ CAN about a year and a half ago. Maybe OB can give you more pointers if you want to sell them. Unless you want to be a clubho :)

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
look at the PGA value guide(i dont have a link, try Google) to see what their market value is and go from there. Post them on forums for sale and see what kinds of offers you get.

Fuzzifus

Jun 12, 2005
You could try to sell them on here to start, I know if it were me buying from you I would not fret to send you a moneyorder. As for shipping you can go either way with that. If you really want to sell em let me know, I would like to pick up a set so if you say the right price maybe I can "help" you out.......even though my MP-32's are the sweetest clubs on the face of the planet......

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
OB, you seem to know just about everything about anything as far as equipment goes , thoughts?

fuzzifus if posting them on the internet becomes a reality it'll be on here first

it might might come down to using paypal, can anyone explain how it works?

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I can tell you when we have them in the shop we sell them for $349-$379.

If they are in just ok shape $279-$329.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Youngun, ebay is pretty simple to use, but you would need a credit card to sell something on there, so that's probably not the best course of action. If I were gonna sell my clubs, I'd post them on a few different forums (here first though, I <3 shottalk).

Might wanna see what the trade in value is, just to make sure it's not more than you could get if you sold them privately. OB's sig has a site that'll buy your clubs, I think. Dunno how much for though.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
the trade in value is around $134.26 the resale value is around $223.76

this might be a dumb question.... would i be loosing alot by trading in rather than selling them?

its gonna be easier to trade them in than sell them as far as my parents not finding out is concerned

thanks

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
YG, just a little tip...
Don't start lying to your parents.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
this is under stupid circumstances though, it was my equipment and earned money, why should they tell me what i can and can't do with it?

and they tell me not to buy more stuff b/c i've got some laying around, but they won't let me trade it in or get rid of it............ ?

maybe i'm thinking more about this than necessary but still............

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Tell THEM that. You're getting better, and you feel like you need new equipment. You're going to use yours toward a new set. It's your money, you're right. Tell them that. Don't let them say "wellll..."

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I understand, but still, if you really want to trade/sell it, better do what you want to do and tell them about it, than conceiling it. Because I assure you, they will find out.
Just be patient growing up. You'll have PLENTY of time to be an adult ;)

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
you guys are both right, i do need to tell them

i went to the paypal site, and am having a hard time understanding how it works can anyone enlighten me? thanks

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You need a credit card I think. Or a bank account. Either way.. probably isn't minor-manageable.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
didn't think so, thanks anyway,

is there any other way to do sales over the internet that don't require either of those two? and shipping checks isn't very reliable so i hear

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.