• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I am getting a new driver. My Hibore has hit it's last ball in my hands. There are a couple of options in my budget. Rapture, Cobra Speed LD, Adams Speedline, Burner(yuck), Fti-mix, maybe a couple others. What say ya'll and why?

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I just got an Ft-5 for under 100 bucks and it is the best, most solid driver I have owned. Not much feel, but I hit it 10 yards further and much straighter than my R5 TP.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What's wrong with the HiBore? No distance? Goes left? Goes right? Or, a combination of all the above??

Of those you mention, the Rapture has rec'd rave reviews. If you get the right shaft with the FTi/IMIX, that can be a good stick. Customer service from either Ping or Callaway is tops in the industry, should you have any trouble with either of those choices.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Why not upgrade to a Hibore XL or XLS? Or new Launcher?

1yankeesfan

Jul 25, 2009
I just got the Taylormade Burner and I love it. Good feel, I hit it far and straight, and the sound of the ball coming off the club is awesome.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
What's wrong with the HiBore? No distance? Goes left? Goes right? Or, a combination of all the above??

Of those you mention, the Rapture has rec'd rave reviews. If you get the right shaft with the FTi/IMIX, that can be a good stick. Customer service from either Ping or Callaway is tops in the industry, should you have any trouble with either of those choices.

Unpredictable. Goes everywhere. I know part of it is me, but I just have zero confidence in this stick. It's to the point where I am almost afraid of it. I'll stripe it 300(seriously) and then snap hook and then slice and then skyball............... all in one round. I don't feel like I do anything different (obviously I do), but damn. I think it's because it feels like there's no swing weight. I can't feel the head. I've been told the shaft is awesome, but the club is not forgiving... at all.

Tiger Woods

Jul 26, 2009
Raptures is a very good starting driver. I would recommend it fully. I hope it helps you. I've never used one myself. Although, tons of people have recommended me to it. I trust their opinions and suggest you check it out! Good luck!

Love,
Tiger Woods

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Raptures is a very good starting driver. I would recommend it fully. I hope it helps you. I've never used one myself. Although, tons of people have recommended me to it. I trust their opinions and suggest you check it out! Good luck!

Love,
Tiger Woods

DUDE.... WHAT'S UP TIGER. Shouldn't you be suggesting a Dymo? To be honest though you haven't been so hot off the tee this year so I think I will roll with the Rapture. Anyone have any legitimate objections?

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Anyone have any legitimate objections?

My legitimate objection is demo, demo and once you're done demoing, demo some more.

Seriously dude, get a shaft fitting. Yes, thry're expensive but so worth it. I've been through 7 or 8 different shafts before settling on the Creation. Don't go through the same thing I did.

Then once you've found your shaft, decide on the head. The only real things you need to worry about are face angle and loft. Everything else is basically the same...

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
although i wasn't hitting my hibore bad at all....i actually went back a model to the Launcher Comp, and have seen substantial gains in distance......accuracy, not so much, the distance gain has been worth it so far.

either the launcher comp or Ti are solid choice, and can be had for very little these days.

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
I just got the Taylormade Burner and I love it. Good feel, I hit it far and straight, and the sound of the ball coming off the club is awesome.

i've never hit the burner but i've played with many who game them. IMO, although it may be a great driver, the graphics on it are hideous. I don't know exactly what adjective to use, and these are overly harsh, but the only words that come to mind are childish and cartoony. does anyone else agree?

🔥 Latest posts