• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I quit the Acura job (start at a big Toyota place Monday) so I am off today.
70° out today. I need to start cleaning the yard from all the winter wreckage OR should I just go play golf? ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, you might be jumpin' from the pan into the fire. Toyota dealers are saying the Prius is their biggest seller and that is still made in Japan... or was made there until this disaster hit. Some local Toyota dealers have been on the news, suggesting they will have some scarey financial difficulties, once the Prius inventory is exhausted.

In the meantime... go play golf! Leave the yard alone. If it gets too bad... if the grass gets too tall... if it becomes a public nusiance the City will clean it up for you, won't they??? What's a little citation and an invoice from the City to a wealthy auto baron like yourself??? :>)

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Every Japanese car company has the same challenges. My move is to a store with huge visibility, a product line that is 16 vehicles long (rather than 6) and a brand new facility....the Acura place is a dump. total embarrassment (although the product is just fantastic).

In this economy, pretty much anything I do involves some risk. If I can't make a living selling Toyotas, I'll never sell a car again.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
What happened to the custom trim carpenter thing? No more demand? I remember seeing some of those kitchens, top notch. Speaking of which I need to get some photos up of my remodel.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Well, first off you can kiss my a$$ because I'm stuck behind my desk all day and it's going to be 80 here...rat bastid.... ;)

Sounds like a good move to me, Sling. We bought my boy a Rav4, and we've got the Lexus...2 really great cars. Toyotas pretty much sell themselves around here. Saw a nice looking Matrix for my daughter yesterday with decent mileage and nice extras...almost bought it for her, but she really wants something along the size of the RX300 my wife has. That's why I'm still shopping Sorento's.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
What happened to the custom trim carpenter thing? No more demand? I remember seeing some of those kitchens, top notch. Speaking of which I need to get some photos up of my remodel.

The economy killed the business.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
In this economy, pretty much anything I do involves some risk. If I can't make a living selling Toyotas, I'll never sell a car again.

I can't speak for the market there, but our Toyota dealership can't keep cars on the lot. Tundras, Venza, Matrix's, all just selling like a mofo. The "reliability blip" wasn't felt much around here...

R35

PS....the Acura dealership here is a dump too. Great cars, shithole location and building. Maybe it's a trend. :D

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Maybe.
I did get my foot in the door and I learned a lot.
The luxury market just us not where I need to be right now.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Maybe.
I did get my foot in the door and I learned a lot.
The luxury market just us not where I need to be right now.

I've seen this a few times and it surprises me, and maybe it's just geography, but Acura doesn't really fit inside the luxury market here - it seems more mainstream maybe a tweener. I wouldn't rank it with BMW and Mercedes for example.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You should.
It's competition is BMW, Audi, Lexus, infinity and some Mercedes models.

Go test drive an all wheel drive TL and get back to me on that. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Like I said - it just must be the geography. You barely see any acura's around. Tons of Mercedes, BMW and Audi tho.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Those are people with more money than brains.
There is a thing called emblem envy that Acura hasn't figured out how to get around even though they make
a superior product for less money.

German car dealers may also be more prevalent in your area.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
The reason why we don't have a lot of Acuras around here (Southern VT) is lack of vehicles with AWD. The cars that are the most prevalent are Subies (AWD) Volvo XC (AWD) Audi (AWD). I realize that honda/acura make a great product (Mrs. 20PAT's drove a 95 Accord wagon for 225K then an Element until it managed to find a tree) but the others are known for their AWD and safety. I would look at an Acura SUV but price wise they are a bit steep. You can find a reasonably priced Volvo or Audi in these areas much easier than a comparably equipped Acura.
my .02...
Those are people with more money than brains.
There is a thing called emblem envy that Acura hasn't figured out how to get around even though they make
a superior product for less money.

German car dealers may also be more prevalent in your area.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
One if the things that bug me most about AWD capable vehicles, is that the friggin tire shops will not let you buy anything less than 4 new tires (at least that's the way it is here in Boise). Even if you only need to replace one or two.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.