• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
NNOOOOOOOOoooooo.....

One of the best days of our marriage was the day we traded the Windstar on the RX300. Minivans do have their place, but I hated ours every day we owned it.

Start carting kids and hockey equipment around, and long ass drives every weekend, they become very useful. Often times we take other kids places with us on day trips and it's impossible without a minivan.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Start carting kids and hockey equipment around, and long ass drives every weekend, they become very useful. Often times we take other kids places with us on day trips and it's impossible without a minivan.

Nooooooooooooo

I had one, drove it for the 2 worse years of my life. It doesn't matter if you tint the windows, put rims on it, I even tried putting a cold air kit and exhaust on it, it's still a friggin mini-van !!!!!!!

Hand over the man-card right now if you are seriously thinking about getting one. :D

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
uninspired and soulless.
Get a Sequoia. :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
We've got 4 kids between 12 and 16 (2nd marriage, 2 each). Around town, the minivan is easier. But, on any trip, my YukonXL is far and away better than the Windstar ever was...and they got the same mileage! I know Yotas and Hondas are nicer than Ford minivans, but still...given the option, I'd buy another big SUV before any minivan on the market. And now that it's gone, my wife is the same way.

But like I said, it does serve the purpose well, especially around town. Different strokes for different folks, like always.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The only white lining in owning a minivan is that it's a temporary fix. There's a window of need, and then it becomes an eyesore and unneccessary. No more strollers, no more pack-n-plays, no more kids junk.

That's why you buy used. A lease buy-back or the like. No sense buying new when you know it's heading out in 3-4 years anyways.

Minivans, new or used, are the biggest money pits around. They're built cheap because they are.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The only white lining in owning a minivan is that it's a temporary fix. There's a window of need, and then it becomes an eyesore and unneccessary. No more strollers, no more pack-n-plays, no more kids junk.

That's why you buy used. A lease buy-back or the like. No sense buying new when you know it's heading out in 3-4 years anyways.

Minivans, new or used, are the biggest money pits around. They're built cheap because they are.

R35

No - I've seen Odyseeys with 300,000 miles on them.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
The Yukon is a good choice. If the GMC Acadia wasn't so unreliable it would be a good choice, too. The amount of room is way above average. And they kick a$$ in the snow...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No - I've seen Odyseeys with 300,000 miles on them.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. When I said cheap minivans, I suspected you'd be goated into buying a Caravan like everyone else. I naively and stupidly lumped you in with the rest of the maroons that go cheap. My apologies. The Odyssey and the Sienna are both fantastic buys. Expensive, but worth it in both reliability and resale.

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The Yukon is a good choice. If the GMC Acadia wasn't so unreliable it would be a good choice, too. The amount of room is way above average. And they kick a$$ in the snow...
My dad has an Acadia, along with a lot of our friends (very popular around here) and I haven't heard of any reliability issues. That's actually one of the SUV's on my wife's list IF we ever replace the RX300...as is a standard size Yukon.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. When I said cheap minivans, I suspected you'd be goated into buying a Caravan like everyone else. I naively and stupidly lumped you in with the rest of the maroons that go cheap. My apologies. The Odyssey and the Sienna are both fantastic buys. Expensive, but worth it in both reliability and resale.

R35
Agree 100%. When we were looking around to ditch the Windstar, she was debating a minivan. I told her these were the only 2 to consider.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Sienna.....
You can put a sheet of plywood in the back (laying flat), not so with the Honda.
Big rear pillar in the Honda that inhibits rear vision.

We put one in the show room yesterday.....it's enormous. there is an AWD option on the Sienna. Honda is FWD only.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Wow...less than a week since the switch, and already bad mouthing your old line! ;)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

R35

I thought you knew me better than that - I play Titleist remember ;)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.