• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
My friend had to "return" two Acadias because when it would rain the water would somehow end up on the floorboards. Fortunately, for her, her sister is an exec at Gen Mo.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sienna.....
You can put a sheet of plywood in the back (laying flat), not so with the Honda.
Big rear pillar in the Honda that inhibits rear vision.

We put one in the show room yesterday.....it's enormous. there is an AWD option on the Sienna. Honda is FWD only.

AWD is totally overrated in a minivan. And why would you ever need to fit a sheet of plywood in the back?

You're trying to sell a truck to a soccer mom. They want safety, gadgets and fuel economy (FWD).

R35

jreed

Oct 27, 2006
I just traded my Subaru for an AWD Acadia and love it! The thing is huge inside ; especially when comparing to a Subaru Legacy. From everything i have read, the early Acadia's (07 or 08) had a lot of problems but the later models are pretty reliable.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
AWD is totally overrated in a minivan. And why would you ever need to fit a sheet of plywood in the back?

You're trying to sell a truck to a soccer mom. They want safety, gadgets and fuel economy (FWD).

R35

Features and benefits ding dong. If you live in Northern Vermont AWD may be an attractive feature (in this case VT divot is the customer, not his wife at the moment). Further, you may never need to fit plywood in the thing but knowing what I do about VT, he might. Especially if the second car is something no sort of lumber would fit in.

The presentation should be tailored to the customer in front of me. If I was speaking to Mrs. Divot my approach would be very different and based on what she tells me her wants and needs are.

Get it? :p

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
plywood will be going inside - remember I build furniture as a hobby

FYI - Odysseys can accept a full 4x8 sheet. We put one in my buddys

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
plywood will be going inside - remember I build furniture as a hobby

FYI - Odysseys can accept a full 4x8 sheet. We put one in my buddys

How have you gotten your plywood home to date? I see you're making out fine without that "selling feature".

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
How have you gotten your plywood home to date? I see you're making out fine without that "selling feature".

R35

Cutting on site when the project allows. If not it gets strapped to the roof of the 4Runner

I need to take some pics of the latest project - kitchen remodel. I got to build a new island, kitchen table, end tables etc.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.