• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What was old is new again....

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
"Felker fires back, saying the organization has already bent the rules for recreational players in other ways, including recently banned wedges that feature deeper grooves for gripping the ball. “For recreational players, the USGA said you could still play these USGA tournament-banned wedges, as long as you are not a tournament player,” he said. “Our approach is consistent with USGA moves to limit best available technologies to recreational, non-tournament golfers.”

Read more: Banned but Awesome: Self-Correcting Golf Balls That Always Fly Straight - FoxNews.com
"

That's kind of crap, because if the USGA made everyone conform to groove rules then everyone would have to buy new wedges and irons....

I don't have any interest in these balls. All the tournaments I play in have a little note on the rule sheet... "USGA rules of play are in effect." So I'd be screwing myself by playing that ball in casual rounds.

Members online

No members online now.