• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What was your Highlight of your 2006 season?

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
My list would be.
1, Back to back eagles on the 8th and 9th both par 5s.
2 ,Sinking a birdie on the 18th to win the third largest comp of the year by one shot.
3, getting 4 birdies in a row and horseshoeing the putt for the 5th birdie.
4, shooting my best front 9 on my home course which was 33 gross 4 under par.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
mine would probably be taking 2 weeks in august for a golf vacation..Started up in Vancouver BC..played furry creek and the course at Whistler followed by 2 rounds in Vancouver..then flew down to Oregon and played Bandon Dunes for 2 days and then hopped a plane to Monterey and finished off with Pebble beach and Spyglass

THAT's a nice trip !!!

Of the courses on your list, I've only played Pebble and Spyglass (15 years ago when they cost $175), but I've heard the rest are pretty great.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
This is a good subject. I'd say shooting consecutive rounds of 69, 70 and 71 on a tough course.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Easy. Hitting my second shot to within three feet of the hole on the 18th at St. Andrews (after a decent round), walking up the fairway and getting applause from the few spectators hanging out near the green.

Oh yeah !! .... I can feel the goosebumps Eracer .. the whole atmosphere of the place and stiffing it to 3 feet (the putt?) :D ... there's a majesty about the place isn't there ?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
1. Leading qualifier for Captain's Day

2. Shot 78 in Carnoustie

3. Defended my POTY trophy in Golf Society

4. Finally turned IG over at my 3rd time of asking (that's golf ;) )

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Here's my highlights:

Got cut from 13.7 to 6.9
Represented club in national competition open to all ages, had a 2-0-0 record
Shot back to back 75's (my then lowest rounds)
Shot 74 with 33 on the back
Placed 4th in Scratch Cup, very big competition
Drove 380 yard par 4
The 3rd round with my new Mizuno irons, was thePresidents prize (Huge comp). Anyway, first 5 holes I had 3 birds inside of 3 feet the approaches were so good. I ended up with 78 without making a putt outside 6 feet, the irons were so dialled in it was unreal
Going 5 straight weeks getting my handicap cut
Having a scoring average of 79.5 for the 2006 season

2007 Goals:
Cut to 3 in GUI.
Get on Junior Elite Panels
Represent club again
Win a Scratch Cup

That's a fairly impressive year EMC .. any ideas where the big improvement came from ? ... was it just a purple patch for those 5 weeks and then back to playing like a proper 13 handicapper :D

I fell short of getting in the mix for the Junior Cup next year .. tho I did blow the Inter Scratch Cup - managing 4 four putts in a round of 79 to lose by one.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Getting cut from 25.2 to 13.9, and winning the MCP Trophy for most improved handicap

Playing off 25, beating a 10 handicapper in the second round of our Junior Club Championship (playing off scratch). Then going on to lose 7&6 to a 4 handicapper (while I was 18.2) in the semi finals.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
1) 300 yard drive to set up birdie
2) Tee shot within 3 inches of the cup
3) 30 foot downhill right to left breaker for par to send team to districts!

Wait the season isnt over! Still got 1-2 rounds.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
Helping win the Ryder Cup

The Cypress Bend men's golf association plays the Emerald Hills men's golf association every year for the real Ryder Cup. My partner and I won our nine hole matches the first day in best ball, alternating shot, and scramble formats. The second day, I was down 5-0 after five holes! I went ahead 1up on the seventeenth hole and we halved the last. Ours was the last match, and if I had lost, the team lost. Had we halved our match, the matches would have been tied, and we would have retained the cup, but it was still better to win the match so that the team won the matches. My 40-34-74 day is another example of why we should never give up, and just keep stroking those putts until they start to occasionally fall.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
After the round this morning I would likely change mine. I started this year with a index of 24.9. Three years ago, prior to moving to this area I was at a 15.8, which was the lowest I ever had. I still calculate my index at home after the Oct 15th deadline for our area. I went into November having not shot in the 80's this year on my home course for the first time for a year since living here, and carrying a 20.9. I was happy dropping 4 strokes off my handicap for the year. Since November 5th I have shot in the 80's six times counting todays round of 87. My index is now at 14.8, and the lowest it has ever been. The highest round on my card is now a 91. Taking 10.1 strokes off my handicap in one year and 6.1 off of my handicap in just over 1 month far exceeds anything I have likely done in golf to this point.

edit 1 - I cant help but thing taking my 3w out of my bag and only carrying a 16* hybrid after my driver is responsible for a couple stroke for not taking penalties. I would likely say my back injury in Oct is responsible for a good part as well, it really made me concentrate on slowing and toning down my swing giving me more control.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.