• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What was your Highlight of your 2006 season?

golfer1

Aug 1, 2005
Played The Chief & Hawks Eye at Shanty Creek near Traverse City, MI. Colors at their full peak, no wind, and hardly anyone there so you could play at your own pace. Great resort area with 4 courses.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Joining ST...(bows head and blushes), isn't that nice.
It has been a highlight, otherwise the following:

- playing golf for three days on different Hawiian islands
- playing 36 holes in about 12 hours in St. George and outdriving this showboat (with his attractive wife there) consistently with my 3-wood all day
- finally driving "the lake" on a par-4 at a local course
- caddying for a good friend in Colorado tournaments (I learned more caddying than I ever thought possible)
- purchasing my MP 60 irons (heavens open and angels burst into glorious song) :miz:
- coming to terms with the fact that I am a ho, and finding a support group that feeds my addiction rather than tries to fix it (thank you STers :) )
- coming within about 2 of meeting my goal of being a 10 hcp by the end of the year

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Well at this point i've been playing golf a little over a year and
1. At the start of the year i had a crazy hcd around 35, its a 10.9 today.
2. I got an eagle
3. Hit a par 5 in 2 and drove 3 par fours.
4. Making the high school golf team and working my way up to #2 on jv and competitive for a spot on varsity

Goals for 2007
get under a 3 hcd
play college golf

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
11 handicap to 3 or less in one year ?! That would be some sort of record, would it not....?!? :eek:

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
you know what though i do remember reading about some guy on tour after only playing four years...thats pretty crazy

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
That's a fairly impressive year EMC .. any ideas where the big improvement came from ? ... was it just a purple patch for those 5 weeks and then back to playing like a proper 13 handicapper :D

I fell short of getting in the mix for the Junior Cup next year .. tho I did blow the Inter Scratch Cup - managing 4 four putts in a round of 79 to lose by one.
The 5 weeks was the Mizzy honeymoon period! The improvement was course management, and I picked up about 20 yards. It helps a lot and now I'm nearly the longest hitter in the club. Did you play Bruen this year? That's what I was referring to.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
The 5 weeks was the Mizzy honeymoon period! The improvement was course management, and I picked up about 20 yards. It helps a lot and now I'm nearly the longest hitter in the club. Did you play Bruen this year? That's what I was referring to.

Nope wasn't selected for Bruen EMC ..started the year on a dead h/c of 11 - not low enough for Bruen/Junior and too low for Pierce Purcell. Ended up playing in Metropolitan Cup, had to dip out when young lad was in hospital.

During the summer months I took to using my Sonartec 19* off the tee, it was getting me out there 240 or so, it helped my course management and I ran close on a few occasions in the biggies.

Next year I'll be in the hat for Bruen & Metroplitan again .. the Junior is my big hope for 2008

*afterthought* ... we must try and get together you, me, IG, Andy, Master in 2007

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Oh yeah !! .... I can feel the goosebumps Eracer .. the whole atmosphere of the place and stiffing it to 3 feet (the putt?) :D ... there's a majesty about the place isn't there ?

It was everything they said it would be. When they say that every serious golfer MUST play St. Andrews. they're speaking truth.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
It was everything they said it would be. When they say that every serious golfer MUST play St. Andrews. they're speaking truth.

Yep Eracer, we're back again next year in March .. we've added a little gem Panmure, which we spotted on our way to Carnoustie this year, to our itinarary, with talks about one of the 2 courses on St. Andrews Bay making the cut also.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Nope wasn't selected for Bruen EMC ..started the year on a dead h/c of 11 - not low enough for Bruen/Junior and too low for Pierce Purcell. Ended up playing in Metropolitan Cup, had to dip out when young lad was in hospital.

During the summer months I took to using my Sonartec 19* off the tee, it was getting me out there 240 or so, it helped my course management and I ran close on a few occasions in the biggies.

Next year I'll be in the hat for Bruen & Metroplitan again .. the Junior is my big hope for 2008

*afterthought* ... we must try and get together you, me, IG, Andy, Master in 2007
Are you up north with the 2 lads? The farthest north I usually go would be Kildare.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Are you up north with the 2 lads? The farthest north I usually go would be Kildare.

Nope I'm in Dublin EMC .... surely you lads must know yer way to Croker ;) ..I've done Portstewart with IG and Kilted Arab ... and IG his FiL and KA have travelled down here to Headfort and my place

Was down in Ring of Kerry, Killarney in Sept .. were due to step out in Fota, Muskerry and Little Island but plans had to be changed...

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Nope I'm in Dublin EMC .... surely you lads must know yer way to Croker ;) ..I've done Portstewart with IG and Kilted Arab ... and IG his FiL and KA have travelled down here to Headfort and my place

Was down in Ring of Kerry, Killarney in Sept .. were due to step out in Fota, Muskerry and Little Island but plans had to be changed...
We might get together so, I'll keep you posted on dates for when I'm up the country

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Mine was this summer when I played 18 holes with Michael Jordan. He sucked but we partnered up to win $24 off the other guys. Not big on stars normally but was still fun to meet and see his game. It could also be bc I got to beat him(score wise) with a 67.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
after struggling the whole day in a child/adult scramble i stated was gonna be a cakewalk b/c i was playing with a pro, i have a 65 footer for par on the last hole to win, i call that i'm gonna make it to our group b/c i just get one of those premonitions that something great is about to happen, settle down, give it a rap....and watch it take the double break, and trickle into the cup on its last revolution for the win.....the fist pump that followed was very tiger-esque..

shooting a +2 38 front nine in the h.s. regionals at one of the courses i have the most difficulty with where i hit every fairway and missed only one green......the back nine was an utter failure and i didn't make it to state, but that front nine was as magical of a nine as i've ever had.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.