• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what wedge to get

stummer

Mar 12, 2009
cleveland cg14 or titleist spin grove
i never used nothing but my stock wedges that came in my sets.
i have titleist ap2 irons but my sand wedge is like a 54 its great for 100 yards and in but have to cut down on my swing.. i want to get a 58
just want to know if you got any pref..
thanks

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Honestly, both are great wedges. You couldn't go wrong with either. Just make sure you get the bounce you need most for the conditions you play and swing.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Get a Scratch wedge... I hate 60*, but damn.. This wedge makes it easy.

That said, the biggest difference, is the grind/bounce. It's the deciding factor is what makes a wedge work for you, and your swing/conditions.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
TGW has the Feel wedges on sale right now. If you can deal with the funky colors, I'd go that route.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
All about personal preference and bounce. Both of those will spin the ball fine.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Yep, both are good wedges. I have the Cleveland and like it. One note, some places will not bend the Cleveland wedges, as they are a cast head(what I was told at Golf Galaxy in Cary), but Titleist area super soft forged wedges. When I played the Vokeys, I had the lofts and lies checked almost every 6 months, and they needed to be adjusted. Titleist are just super soft( that is not a bad thing IMO)

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I love my Maltby's, for the price they can't be beat.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yep, both are good wedges. I have the Cleveland and like it. One note, some places will not bend the Cleveland wedges, as they are a cast head(what I was told at Golf Galaxy in Cary), but Titleist area super soft forged wedges. When I played the Vokeys, I had the lofts and lies checked almost every 6 months, and they needed to be adjusted. Titleist are just super soft( that is not a bad thing IMO)

Vokey's are cast too.
icon12.gif

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Both Cleveland and Vokey wedges are cast. Both can be bent several degrees with ease. If GG won't do it, take them somewhere else. NO problem bending them.

Did an employee at GG tell you Vokeys were forged. :(

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Not sure where that tidbit about vokeys being forged came from. It may have just been pulled out of thin air by my brain, or I could have forged club on the brain. I am not a club bender, so I have no clue about that. I do know I watched the local guy I used bend the vokeys and it took hardly any force to bend them. Could be the guy at GG just did not feel like bending anymore clubs.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.