• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you do with this driver?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I got a free Nike VR STR8-FIT Tour Driver as a give away at an event this week. 9.5 loft with the Voodoo Shaft. It's still in its un-opened plastic bag.

I am currently very happy with my bag.

I have 3 other drivers. A 2007 Burner that is my go too driver......It goes too high but it is a fairway finding machine. A Titleist 905R that is just ok. A Titleist 907D2 8* loft that goes a mile but is hard to hit fairways with unless my swing is flawless.

Should I open up this new Nike driver and try it out or should I throw it up on eBay? I figure if I open that bag I've cut its value in half. Don't know what to do.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I got a free Nike VR STR8-FIT Tour Driver as a give away at an event this week. 9.5 loft with the Voodoo Shaft. It's still in its un-opened plastic bag.

I am currently very happy with my bag.

I have 3 other drivers. A 2007 Burner that is my go too driver......It goes too high but it is a fairway finding machine. A Titleist 905R that is just ok. A Titleist 907D2 8* loft that goes a mile but is hard to hit fairways with unless my swing is flawless.

Should I open up this new Nike driver and try it out or should I throw it up on eBay? I figure if I open that bag I've cut its value in half. Don't know what to do.

The first question I ask myself in this situation is "do I like the look of the head"? New they are going anywhere from $180 to a high of $240. My guess, if you have a good amount of feedback on ebay (100% positive of course) is that you would get towards the high end. Used, even in mint condition the high is $200 with a range of $165 and up. So really you wouldn't lose a whole lot by hitting it a few times. Maybe $30-$40. I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth that amount of money. Who knows, you may hit it and end up loving it. Then you can sell your other 3 drivers, LOL!

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
The head looks fine. The hozzle looks a little funky. The shaft feels pretty good.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Why not "pay it forward". You won the driver. Nothing invested. Current bag set up okay. Ebay the driver and donate the money to the charity of your choice. Find a good cause in your community and just give them exactly what you get out of the driver. You had the satisfaction of winning it. Now, escalate that satisfaction by helping someone not so fortunate.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Funny thing is I got to pick from a catelog of Nike Golf gear. Other than a new pair of shoes there was nothing in the catelog that I wanted or needed. It worked out to about a $700 value of items at MSRP. MSRP on that driver is $479. I also got the shoes and a bunch of balls. If they had offered the VR blades or split cavity back irons I would have jumped at those but the only Irons offered were their game improvement irons and their super game improvement irons. They had bags and clothes neither of which interested me. I'm not a real big fan of Nike Golf other than their shoes and balls.

By the way every player in the Shoprite LPGA ProAm got to pick from this catelog. I figure Nike had to have given away at least $100,000 worth of gear at retail at this event. TaylorMade was the only other tour van at the tournament site but they did not sponsor anything for the proAm.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
That's a nice low spin low lauch head. I hit it when I was driver shopping last month. It had a PX in it and was too much for me to handle.
I think you should give it a whirl... Is it the 420 cc version?

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
It is a smaller head. I think its a 440cc.

I had a Nike Ignite years ago that I really liked. Took a beating when I sold it. Never bought a nike driver again.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
If you decide to hit it, tape the head up!!! If it sucks, then you don't have a driver that looks as if its been hit at all.

Jun 24, 2006
I'd either give it to a friend who could use a new driver, or a young junior player, who's parents can't afford to buy their son/daughter a nice driver.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I like taylormade R9 Max Driver.loft:9.5.good to use. :diespam: once I bought on this websit ,it's cheap and great.

Thank you, now I know what I would like to do with the new driver. I want to shove it (clubhead first) up your a$$ you friggin spammer!!!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Jeez, fisher. If you're gonna gripe about the spam, at least don't quote it without editing out the url.

🔥 Latest posts