• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you do?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If he was really unethical he would have said "Oh, yeah, I paid for you." and took the $43.

I think it would have been an easier decision on like the 1st tee but I figured this out on the teebox of the 18th hole... I guess it doesn't bother me as much knowing I've played 4 other times this year and paid $189 for those 4 rounds... justification. Something is going to come up that costs me $$ I just know it... I'm going to get a flat tire or some $hit very soon.
icon9.gif

Which is why I don't play at courses like that. I can't find that kind of money justifiable, especially since I always walk. Just avoid em man, and if your boss says anything, just say you've got personal issues keeping you from spending that much money.

BUT, if you pay for the round, then that's good karma, reducing your chance of having something like a flat tire happen.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I would have paid as the tremendous load of guilt on my shoulders would have ruined my golf game for the rest of the summer. (I'm not sure what else has ruined it now though..:D)

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
There was no starter out there. Basically you walk between the restaruant and the proshop from the parking lot, turn left for the proshop, 10th tee right. He just said "You're all set, we're going off 10" and drove off towards 10.

I actually debated going in and paying after the round but I suppose I let him sway my decision... 31yrs. old and still giving in to "peer pressure"... sad.

Any possibility this may have been some type of "test" for you? Your boss trying to assess your ethics or integrity?

Robert

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
if you are gonna sell your integrity, why sell it so cheap as $42?

And if you are not honest with the course and they cant trust you, you will bring into question whether you are honest on the course and can other golfers trust you.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, based on the responses, at very least Ezra will lie and say he paid, :D

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Imagine if Bubba hit you on the head once you were done, and rolled you out of the car, then took off, without paying.

What did you do? Suck it up, swallow your pride.
icon10.gif

Well, based on the responses, at very least Ezra will lie and say he paid, :D

I've admitted to it on pg. 1. That $50 bill I've been saving since I got it as a tip on Thursday had too much of an attachment to my wallet.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
What did you do? Suck it up, swallow your pride.
icon10.gif

Ohhhhhh, clever, not as much as mine, but good nonetheless.

I've admitted to it on pg. 1. That $50 bill I've been saving since I got it as a tip on Thursday had too much of an attachment to my wallet.

Hehehe, I know, I was just ribbing you. Sorry for the reference, I know Bubba was harsh on you.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
To me it's not even a question. Stealing is stealing. At least you have enough of a conscience to ask. Your boss is an unethical man.
Next we are going to see a new thread about "My boss forgot to pay me this week, should I say something?" or "My boss wants me to hot wire a car because his broke down, what should I do?" :D

I guess if it is worth $50 to run the risk of never being able to play that course again, or any others that they speak with then take that option. Me personally, I have always been a firm believer in what comes around go's around and have run into many instances where it pays off to point out my mistakes as well as others when it comes to money. Not even to mention I still need to sleep with myself and my decisions. I hope you don't start to wonder if that was maybe a test from you boss to see if he can trust you when it comes to money. Ooops, sorry to put that thought in your head. :laugh: (edit 1 - that was a joke, but in all honesty you opened the door where subconsciously it is in the back of his mind on whether he can trust you)

I've had cases where I gave a guy a $5 for a beer, and he gave me change for a $10. I couldn't live with myself knowing I could possibly cost someone a job for $5 if it had happened in the past. Ended up getting about $20 in free beer over the course of the night for pointing it out. This is just a small example. Actually many more cases where someone having trust in what you do go's a long way.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Go back now, after the fact and pay. They will never forget you every time you walk in there...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Absolutely, you should pay. If that golf course goes broke and closes, how will you live with yourself? :D

I can see where you might have assumed your boss paid for you, but since he didn't, it's your responsibility.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Absolutely, you should pay. If that golf course goes broke and closes, how will you live with yourself? :D

Somewhere between walking past the owners covered parking spot where the red 2007 Corvette was sitting and me rolling up nickels and dimes to get $30 to buy food for the week I found justification. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts