• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you do?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
OK, so today I had a little brainfart and accidently jumped off the highway onto the wrong route heading to the course for a 7:22am tee time. I had to backtrack and fly over there to make it. My boss, his son and Twofast were ready and waiting. The course wasn't too busy and they were having us tee off on #10, way over on the other side of the clubhouse. So I start walking towards the Proshop and my boss yells "Come on, your all set!" His exact words mind you. So I assume he just paid for me or something to hurry up when he saw me pull in.

Anyway, we get around to the end of the back/actually front and I ask him about it, assuming I owe him $43. He laughs his head off and says, "What? You didn't pay... we should try this all the time... F'em".

So would you have gone in and paid after finding out you "accidently" just walked on the course... and got away with it?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Short answer - NO, I think am a sociopath when it comes to money LOL.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Pay for it. What if you were providing someone with a service(something you should be familiar with) and they didn't pay you?

Seriously dude, don't screw the course.

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Had that happen a couple times almost exactly as you describe. Offered to pay either after the round, or next time...as I didn't always know until later when it came up. A couple times the course said no worries, and a couple times they thanked me for being honest and gave me a round w/out cart fees.

Bottom line is, this game is too mental to have karma f'ing with you ;-)

Peace! Bryan

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Pay.

It's funny how some people view services as opposed to actual items. If you walked out with a box of ProV1's it'd be theft but you walk the course w/o paying and you're 'getting one over on them, tee-hee'

Recently I was in a corner store and had a paper and a coke in my hand and a guy I work with came in, we shot the shit for about 10 minutes and I absent-mindedly walked out with the paper and soda without paying... I realized when I got to work and went back on my way home and explained the situation and paid up.

It's the right thing to do, imho.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Imagine if Bubba hit you on the head once you were done, and rolled you out of the car, then took off, without paying.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
To me it's not even a question. Stealing is stealing. At least you have enough of a conscience to ask. Your boss is an unethical man.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
OK, so today I had a little brainfart and accidently jumped off the highway onto the wrong route heading to the course for a 7:22am tee time. I had to backtrack and fly over there to make it. My boss, his son and Twofast were ready and waiting. The course wasn't too busy and they were having us tee off on #10, way over on the other side of the clubhouse. So I start walking towards the Proshop and my boss yells "Come on, your all set!" His exact words mind you. So I assume he just paid for me or something to hurry up when he saw me pull in.

Anyway, we get around to the end of the back/actually front and I ask him about it, assuming I owe him $43. He laughs his head off and says, "What? You didn't pay... we should try this all the time... F'em".

So would you have gone in and paid after finding out you "accidently" just walked on the course... and got away with it?

I would absolutely go in a pay... It's Sunday, man, and I got my fill this morning in church. Ask me again on Saturday though... ;)

(ftr, the answer would still be no)

Imagine if Bubba hit you on the head once you were done, and rolled you out of the car, then took off, without paying.

Very well put. :laugh:

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
I have had this happen before and have always went in at the turn or the end and paid.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
To me it's not even a question. Stealing is stealing. At least you have enough of a conscience to ask. Your boss is an unethical man.

If he was really unethical he would have said "Oh, yeah, I paid for you." and took the $43.

I think it would have been an easier decision on like the 1st tee but I figured this out on the teebox of the 18th hole... I guess it doesn't bother me as much knowing I've played 4 other times this year and paid $189 for those 4 rounds... justification. Something is going to come up that costs me $$ I just know it... I'm going to get a flat tire or some $hit very soon.
icon9.gif

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If he was really unethical he would have said "Oh, yeah, I paid for you." and took the $43.

I think it would have been an easier decision on like the 1st tee but I figured this out on the teebox of the 18th hole... I guess it doesn't bother me as much knowing I've played 4 other times this year and paid $189 for those 4 rounds... justification. Something is going to come up that costs me $$ I just know it... I'm going to get a flat tire or some $hit very soon.
icon9.gif

Did I misunderstand your original post? Didn't he say "you're taken care of"? For the benefit of say, the starter? Or did he really think you had paid? If so, then I take it back. The "unethical" comment, that is...

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Did I misunderstand your original post? Didn't he say "you're taken care of"? For the benefit of say, the starter? Or did he really think you had paid? If so, then I take it back. The "unethical" comment, that is...

There was no starter out there. Basically you walk between the restaruant and the proshop from the parking lot, turn left for the proshop, 10th tee right. He just said "You're all set, we're going off 10" and drove off towards 10.

I actually debated going in and paying after the round but I suppose I let him sway my decision... 31yrs. old and still giving in to "peer pressure"... sad.

🔥 Latest posts