• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you say?

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
I do not have time for people that have no respect for my time. I wouldn't put up with that crap.

My theory is we all only have so much time and considering I was working 80hrs a week for 30 days straight my Saturday was pretty important to me.

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
Last golfing buddy I had (12+ years ago) did the same thing. We were slated to play in a tournament on a Saturday morning. He was going to pick me up at 5:00 am and we were going to get to the course about 6:00 for a 6:45 tee time.

5:45 came and no friend. I called, a few different times, and no reply. Finally, about 6:10 he called back and said he didn't feel well and wasn't going. I paid the entry fee for both of us... and since it was a team tournament... I didn't have any entry partner, so I forfeited my entry fee as a no-show.

It's more than a decade later and I've yet to find another golfing partner. I play as a single (which has it's advantages at times, but sucks at others). In northern Jersey, the courses that I WANT to play don't have many single times and I don't relish sitting at a course for 3 hours before they 'find an opening' for me.

Sucks when people pull this crap, but it sucks worse not having anybody to even TRY setting up a time with. But in your case... since you've got another friend to hit the course with... I agree with you 100%. Why put the effort in if someone is going to screw you in the end?

CY

I guess everyone can wake up horribly sick, but I'd think he shoulda called weell in advance of that, and pickin' up the tourney fees may have smoothed things over too. Truth be told, I rather be the guy getting takin' for a ride than takin' someone else.
I couldn't imagine golfing in your situation, I can walk on any course here and find a threesome within 15mins.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.