• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you shoot at TPC Sawgrass?

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I don’t know how many of you have played under championship conditions, but I have several times. Remember a few years ago when I played the Oregon Mid-Am and didn’t even break 90 either day, including carding a 10 on one hole? Then a few years later played the same course under normal conditions and shot 77? I think the greens during the tourney were running 11.5-12 but normally are likely 10 or less; it was like two completely different courses.

Fast forward to the next Mid-Am. I shot 73 to qualify and it was being held on what I consider to be my home course. Then the OGA set up a monster. It was like I had never played that course before, the greens were harder and faster than anything I had ever played. I broke 90 one of the days, but just barely.

The pros are used to those conditions but I can promise you those numbers are probably pretty accurate - maybe even low - for those of us who rarely/never play under championship conditions.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I don’t know how many of you have played under championship conditions, but I have several times. Remember a few years ago when I played the Oregon Mid-Am and didn’t even break 90 either day, including carding a 10 on one hole? Then a few years later played the same course under normal conditions and shot 77? I think the greens during the tourney were running 11.5-12 but normally are likely 10 or less; it was like two completely different courses.

Fast forward to the next Mid-Am. I shot 73 to qualify and it was being held on what I consider to be my home course. Then the OGA set up a monster. It was like I had never played that course before, the greens were harder and faster than anything I had ever played. I broke 90 one of the days, but just barely.

The pros are used to those conditions but I can promise you those numbers are probably pretty accurate - maybe even low - for those of us who rarely/never play under championship conditions.

Hence if I broke 100...I’d be happy.

🔥 Latest posts