• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
That sir, would be the amature golfers holy grail!

:D
I hear you Dale, I'm not asking to play the perfect game, although I certainly wouldn't mind it. But it is so frustrating, either my Drives are going all over the place and I'm hitting decent to good iron shots, or the other way around like yesterday. Although on the 495 yard Par 5, I crushed my driver, and hit a 5 wood to the fringe of the green. Of course I then proceeded to 3 putt for a par. My putting is never working for me. I swear that flat stick hates me, I just know it.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
39-36=75 par 72 6,988 yards, hit 8 of out 14 fairways and hit 14 greens, had 35 total putts and 2 three putts, first time on this course and it has the biggest greens i have ever seen, and only had 3 par 4 holes that were under 400 yards and only 1 par 3 under 200 yards

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I hear you Dale, I'm not asking to play the perfect game, although I certainly wouldn't mind it. But it is so frustrating, either my Drives are going all over the place and I'm hitting decent to good iron shots, or the other way around like yesterday. Although on the 495 yard Par 5, I crushed my driver, and hit a 5 wood to the fringe of the green. Of course I then proceeded to 3 putt for a par. My putting is never working for me. I swear that flat stick hates me, I just know it.

Try this experiment.

Play two consecutive rounds with a 180-yd. club, and only four other higher lofted clubs plus a putter. For me it was my 4-hybrid, 6-iron, 8-iron, PW, SW, putter.

Play all the par 4's and 5's as three shotters.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Hit the heated range today, 1st time I have swung a club in about 6 weeks or so. Did pretty good too, I think this is my 1st range session ever where I didn't top a single ball. The 90,000 btu heaters right above each area are great, kept me toasty but it wasn't real cold out, maybe 40º. Can't wait to try it put when it's below 0º.

OP
lamebums

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Hit the range with a buddy of mine who'd never swung a club in his life, so, well, that was interesting. First ten minutes was spent trying (futilely) to show him how to hold and swing the club. Next three minutes hitting drivers into the woods at the far end of the range, then some dribblers...and so on.

I tried a tip I'd saw John Daly do - he would chip one-handed, with his left hand. I can't seem to do that worth a crap. But I can use my right hand to hit my gap wedge 80 yards...?

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
got a warm day and all the snow melted so went and played with the boss today, hit 9 of 14 fairways and 14 greens and shot a 2 under 70 with 31 putts and beat the boss by 34 strokes. played from the whites cause of him and it was muddy

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Took my clubs to work with me & was going to hit the heated range after work. However due to the pea soup thick fog you couldn't see 2 car lengths in front of you & hitting a ball would have been pointless.

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Finally had a good round today 10/12 fairways,14/18 greens,27 putts for a 68-4 under.Got index down to 1.2 On my way to 2008 goal of scratch.:laugh:

OP
lamebums

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
39 on the front nine of Pioneer (par 34), which included a nice double on #6 when I drove it into the trees and failed on two consecutive shots to get out of the trees. Drove the ball miles otherwise, and my short game was awesome. But I could have thrown my irons in the lake. I was only bailed out by the fact that I was hitting my second shot into par four's from under 100 yards, and even a bad shot meant a good chance at up and down.

3/6 fairways, 2/9 greens, 14 putts.

Got home in one shot on a 300 yard par 4...and then three jacked for par. :real angry:

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
75 - 5 over. Lost a whole .4 of the handicap - YEY! Bloody CSS of 67 doesn't help!

5 over out, level back, two double bogey's on holes I normally par and occasionally birdie. Was cold, wet, windy and muddy (UK in mid winter!) so very happy with that.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Even par 72. Bogeyed the 9th for 37, birdied the 11th for 35. 16 pars.
Quite possibly the most boring round of golf I've ever played. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Even par 72. Bogeyed the 9th for 37, birdied the 11th for 35. 16 pars.
Quite possibly the most boring round of golf I've ever played. :laugh:

My best round ever (80) was also the most boring round I've ever had. I need more boring. Boring is good.

Members online

No members online now.