• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Played 9 today before coming into work. They had just airreated and over sanded the greens so putting was a joke. Therefore I didn't bother keeping score, just worked on some things. Was actually hitting the CT250 V2 stiff pretty good, the HiBores are both in the shop getting tweaked a little. Reached the green on the 467 yard par 5 in 2 today for the 1st time. I've always just missed the green wide right or left or short. But today I crushed my drive into the wind and hit the Heavenwood hybrid onto the green!!!!!!! On the 8th hole I'd found a lost ball and decided what the heck, easy come, easy go, so I really went for it just to see if I could clear the water instead of backing off to come up short of it and cleared it by a good 20 yards!!! I wish the greens had been in better shape where I could have kept score. Might have had a decent 9?

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
played today on a rainy and very soggy course, i moved up a few tee boxes because of the wet course and just to try to work on long irons, 36-38=74 on a par 72 and it played 5617 yards, 10 of 14 fairways 15 greens and 36 putts, 2 three putts which one of them was a par 5 that i got there in two, 1 birdie and 3 bogeys, and 6 missed putts inside 8 feet

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Shot 79 on my first round of the year. I'm very pleased with that considering it was off temp tees and very marshy conditions combined with patches of ice and losing a ball in a snowdrift in the fairway.

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
I shot a 76 today and have decided the launcher must go, way too much spin no matter what shaft and too many pulls and hooks. Im gonna try out a g10, ft-5, any other drvers that set up kinda neutral out there?

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
eh..it was kinda soggy today..pulled out a 32-35-67..could have done better..putting was amazing..but as i said soggy..so wedges were crappy as ever

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I shot a best-ever-on-a-par-72-course 77 on Saturday, even with a thunderstorm. Yeah, it was an easy course: 6500 yards, CR 70.9; SL 119

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So i finally got out this season, once on saturday, once on sunday. Both just nine holes each.

Saturday played my home course out a decatur lake golf course. Played the back nine as the front were still quite soggy from the flooding.

First hole out of the gate was ugly, great drive, had a 9i in on a down slope and hti it WAAAY fat...pitched short, chipped on three putted 7. Continued to have a pritty normal rest of the round had a par and a birdie with a great sand save and shot 47.

The round i played on sunday was at a course that is only about 2 years old and it was my first time playing it. First really nice day of the year this place was PACKED. plus they had carts dieing and it was all backed up. Waited at least 7-10 mins on each tee(sometimes more). 2 hours and 45 mins later i had shot a 46.

Bogeys through 5 par on 6, and then it got ugly. The 7th is a SHORRT 286 yard par 4, blocked my drive right pitched short chipped on and two putted double. 8 i doubled, and i offically hate that hole. And i shot bogey on 9 for an overal 46. This is a nice little course but i think the yardages are marked inccorrectly on a couple of holes. Either that or there is elevation change that isnt noticeable...which is possible, it is on a hill.

On the whole it was alot of fun

I am just happy there is no more snow in the forecast!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played in a scramble Saturday and the cheaters won. We didn't have out "ringer" but still did okay. Beautiful 70º sunny day. No wind.

Sunday, sssmokin, razor and another buddy played Two Oaks by Wautoma and it was perfect 70º F sunny weather with a slight 14 mph wind and DRY. Started out crappy but parred the last 3 holes for a 48 on the front. Got a little better on the back for a 46. Not bad considering rusty swing and new irons. I was low.... go figure... :laugh:

nikegolfer321

Feb 7, 2008
Played sunday..started out well with 34 on the front..had an eagle on a par 5, par on the rest..and finished even par for 70..all in all pretty good considering i just got over the flu.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I played Forest Hills for the 1st time in months. I can't stand the new pro, and $27 for walking 18 holes on a so-so course seems a little high to me.

Anyway, the weather was perfect. I was paired with a nice young college kid who was also walking. He wanted to play from the blue tees: 6900 yards. I normally play from the white tees: 6500 yards. But I had my new driver with the pink shaft...................

So I played from the blues and shot a so-so 88. Had 2 bad holes, including the 18th, a short par 4. After hitting a decent drive, I had only 50 yards in, but I was blocked by a big tree. I ended up with a 7!!! From 50 yards!!! &*$#()@!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I got under a tree on one hole about 130 yards from the green. De-lofted my 3-iron and hit a low running "punch shot" onto the green and made par. :)

h3king

Junior Pro
Jun 14, 2007
I shot a 96 today, course rating 69.1 slope 118. I shot a 9 and a 8 on the 2nd and 5th. This guy rush me and i was pissed at him so that why i shot that 9. But
I got 1 birdie and 4 pars. Could of shot better first time with that course and the greens were air rated so. Highlight of the day was chip out of the woods like 12 yards off the green into the cup for birdie.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Mehh.. I shot a 36 yesterday at this little par 3/4 course by my work that Ive been wanting to play. Par is 29.. 7 over. :eek: I hit 6/9 greens in reg and 2 and 3 putted all over the place.

Time to really work on my putting. :rolleyes:

:dead:

🔥 Latest posts