• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

Richards279

May 14, 2008
I played the Tribute in Dallas (it's all the popular holes in Scottland) and shot even on the front and 42 on the back totalling 77. Which is weird because there were 30 mph winds on the front and I had to hit knock down the whole time. I putted really good but I have 3 doubles on the back that killed my round. Mainly because of terrible chipping

If ya'll are ever in Dallas, it's a really fun course. The greens roll true, but it's not too difficult. The built the course next to Lake Lewisville so the winds coming off the lake would replicate the winds at the old course. The price isn't too bad, it was $60 for twilight at 2.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Played 18 after work today & for some reason I was hitting everything excpet my driver pretty damn well. Driver was having a tendancy to slice just a bit, stayed inbounds & avoided the nasty crap though. Shot a 43 on the front & a 41 on the back, par is 70. This is my lowest 18 hole rd ever, barely beating out the 85 last year. For myself it felt like I was on fire, irons were working fantasticly. I have been paying extra attention to my hand placement as well as where I put the ball in my stance. Also really working on the whole "driving down into the ball" deal.

What pissed me off was with the 4 par 3 holes, I missed one on the tee shot, another one I landed dead center but had no backspin & it rolled up & just off the fringe. With both of those I carded bogeys. The other 2 landed right on the greens & stuck, & of course what do I do except end up with 3 putts on both holes, the only 3 putts of the entire rd. Easily could have shaved off another 2-4 strokes if not for stupid brain farts like those holes.

Of course I will probably end up totally tanking my next rd, weird how it's either hot or cold..how's about some nice lukewarm for a change? I did notice a similar thing last year though, everytime I would go play one of the local par 3 courses which forced me to work on my short game, the next time I played a real course my scores would reflect the extra work on the shortgame.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I played nine today at practice, shot 41. My first tee shot hooked very badly, then I stuck it to 10 feet and made birdie. :D Hooked the next tee shot (par 3) and made bogey. Hooked the third tee shot (par 5), made bogey. I hit a 3 wood off the next tee, and absolutely pounded it. A freshman sliced it at me while I was hitting the approach, and I made another bogey. Hooked the next tee shot in a lateral hazard, and made double after a 3 putt. Parred the next hole, another par 3. Then I hit 2 perfect drives on 7 and 8 and parred both. On 9, a 80 degree dogleg right par 5, I hooked my drive way left and through the turn, pounded a 3 wood up the left side, and then chunked the hell out of the pitch. Another bogey for 41. The driver's been a little wild lately. :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Played 9 after work at a course that I really don't like very much anymore. Felt like I was playing horribly, had a few bogeys, couple pars, etc. Finally got my 1st birdie of the year on the 2nd hole which is a par 4. Overdrove the green on my approach shot & chipped it in! About damn time too. Ended up with a 41 on a par 36 but I am not happy since I really feel like I shot pretty lousy on a number of holes.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
stopped by my buddies garage today to see if he was playing tomorrow.he said i was trying to get ahold of you.its 11:30 and he is flat lined for the day wants to hit the course.needless to say after much arm twisting i gave in.

shot a 126 for 27. 42 with a double and 4 pars,42 with a double and 4 pars,42 with a double and 4 pars.fairly consistant.best i have shot all yr.

read a article in golf mag from Dave Pelz on dead hands chipping used it today with pretty good results.it needs alittle more work but it was a big plus to my game today.i know i used to chip that way but cant remember why i went away from it.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Played at a new course for me today, 44 on the front & 45 on the back. Overall I am pretty happy with my progression this year. I thought the back 9 would be a little better than the front because I really started making some nice shots & actually had 4 GIR's. But then the winds came whipping up & they were gusting somewhere in the mid 20's which really took some extra work to get a drive to land where I wanted it to or at least close. Once again I used only 3 w for all drives & it worked great. Putting fell off a bit & had 36 total which could have been a lot better but I left a few chips real short which in turn left me long long putts.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Just about took the summer off for golf then I realized the amateur was in a month and a bit. Greens were in poor shape which really made me lose confidence in the stan utley stroke (I am still making everything on my carpet). I am not releasing the driver and that is causing block cuts and in general I was angry which didn't help my game. I think when it was all said and done I shot 41 for 9 holes and was ready to break something. Split grip drills all day tomorow and hope they cut the greens.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Played 27 holes today, 9 at 1 course & then 18 somewhere else.
The 1st 9 was a little par 30 course, did ok but nothing great. 1 double bogey really screwed up the score, carded a 38.

Followed that up with 18 on a par 72 course which really went well. Didn't bother with driver again, just the 3w for driving. No double bogeys at all made me relatively happy. On the front I had a 42 which consisted of 1 par & 1 birdie with the rest being bogey. Had a 41 on the back with no birdies but did have 4 pars. I was starting to get a bit tired near the end & was even screwing up with the 3w, luckily the irons have been on & I was able to save quite a few holes.

Oh yea, only had 31 putts for the 18 holes which is pretty damn good. The chipping really save my ass with that as I have been working on trying to chip a bit closer to the pin..

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Shot 91 at my last round. Par 69 course. Horrible round. Driver was hitting high cuts but I set up straight, so they were all in the right rough. I'm playing tomorrow and will try setting up straight tomorrow and see if all that I've read will help me. If not, I'll play my natural cut.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Played 18 at Coldwater Canyon today with my wife. Par is 69 & I had an 85. Stared out halfway decent with a few screwups on the front 9 & carded a 45 or 10 over. Then we went to the back which is their version of a links style course where I shot a 40 on a par 34. Whats weird is the entire rd really felt like crap, I was pissed at myself most of it & couldn't get a decent drive even with the 3w to save my life. Thank God the irons & short game are still holding up & managed to save a number of holes which could have been really really ugly. Had 2 double bogeys on back to back holes on the front & those had me wound up just a bit. Then the wife actually laughed when I whiffed a drive so horribly I am lucky if it went 25 yds, good thing it was a short par 4 so 2 iron shots & I was on to save a bogey.

Funny how last year I was loving it when I shot a 44 or so & now it's pissing me off.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
played yesterday.......par 71...shot a 87....8 over on the front, 8 over on the back.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Played my home course today & was really swinging well today. 42 on the front & followed that up with a 42 on the back, par is 70. 5 pars on the front but also had 2 doubles. 2 pars on the back but only had 1 double. 9 of 14 fairways & 6 GIR's. Pretty solid rd for myself, don't know if I should thank the new driver or the GPS more for the help.

Cmallo

Jan 3, 2008
78...Driver= Everywhere, Irons= Close to the pin, Wedges= there when i needed them, Putts= 27, missed all my birdie putts

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.