• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

TaylorMade89

Jul 6, 2006
Got back from Sanibel Island yesterday and I shot a very embarresing 95 (48-47). The heat is too much down there.

And it was one of those days where every single putt you hit, sits right on the edge of the cup. Painful.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm glad to know that it's not just me that is affected by the heat. :)

Seriously, during my last tourney, I thought I was going to die. 97*F and 95% humidity along with bright sunshine was just murderous.

OP
lamebums

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Carded an unimpressive 91 today. It's actually pretty good considering the 95+ heat we have. I guess a positive of global warming is I don't have to dig my car out of snow twenty times every winter, but I am more likely to get heat stroke in summer.

Went out in a pretty satisfying 42, although I have something to say about it. See, I had a 34 after 8 holes, and all I needed was a bogey to break 40. Didn't happen. Topped my drive, and then hit a 3 wood into the trees. I then proceeded to hit the same tree three times in my next three shots on my way to a nice snowman. I actually complained to the starter. "See that tree? We gotta cut that tree down."

On the back nine, I was spraying my drives like a mad man. I found the wrong fairway more often than the right fairway. I hit a ball 250 yards out, and 250 out to the right. I hate banana balls. I had some miracle iron play, and was really sticking it close a lot, even out of bad lies. Scrambled my ass off for a 49 on the back, totaling 91.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
The best thing about it being this hot (96* here today) is that I always shoot lower than the temperature. I shot 79 today with 3 double bogeys (also had 3 birdies).

OP
lamebums

lamebums

Jul 4, 2007
The best thing about it being this hot (96* here today) is that I always shoot lower than the temperature. I shot 79 today with 3 double bogeys (also had 3 birdies).

Well, see, sometimes I've heard of people shooting their age...but has anyone succeeded in shooting their cholesterol count? :laugh:

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Maybe in the summer you guys should take a golf "vacation" up to Wisconsin!! :D :D

Having grown up in that part of the country and still having relatives there I would love to. If work wasn't crazy right now I'd be there in a flash.

Hmmm, I have a client in Chicago and my sis's husband is from Kohler but they live in the Chicago 'burbs now. Maybe I can finaggle a business trip that way soon...

I'd love to come up and play a round or two with you and/or sssmokin and even Razor. That would be way cool.

eric89074

Jan 25, 2007
Just back from the course. I shot an 83 but I sould have broken 80. A few doubles and a triple killed me. I decided to leave my driver at home and it's probably what had the most effect on my round :D.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'd tell ya..but then I'd have to kill ya, and im not a violent person by nature.

That's because you're Canadain, :p

72 Yesterday at my home course which is like a handicap 74. 4 birdies, 4 bogeys, :(

Played sooooo well, no pushes like what killed me in my tournament.

I hate this stupid game.

OP
lamebums

lamebums

Jul 4, 2007
43 on a 9 holer. 138 slope, I think. Pretty good considering I'm still struggling with driving accuracy.

I hit no fairways today. Period. Thankfully I had solid iron play (hit 5 GIR's despite no fairways) which allowed me to get out of some incredibly bad lies, especially in, under, and around trees. God, I hate trees. Golf would be so much better if the only trees on the course were next to the tee box so you could sit in the shade waiting to tee off.

Chipping was so-so, and my putting is getting there. My lag putting still sucks, but I'm getting the ball in the hole pretty regularly within five feet nowadays. Three-jacked only twice, was pretty proud of that.

(A birdie, a par, and a double. The rest were bogeys. The birdie came when I pitched it to within six inches on a short par 4 - I had over-drove the fairway, and was halfway up the hill to the green in the deep stuff.)

Irish

May 9, 2007
82 today
4 birds
3 doubles
2 trips ...yuk

frustrated the hell out of me....

OP
lamebums

lamebums

Jul 4, 2007
I found this on the par-5 6th.

untitledbo6.jpg

"On your best day...no way"

:idhitit:

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I played 9 holes this morning at Two Oaks North GC ...............had a 44, but I birdied the last hole..........put my 150 yd approach shot 3 feet from the pin. So I guess I'll come back..........LOL. After hearing about all you guys shooting 65 etc. I almost didn't bother posting. GEEEEEEEEEZ. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.