• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Well I just gagged on my quick 9 last night as dark approached. I was 2 under through 6....and finished with 3 consecutive 3 putts. AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! I would rather snap hook a drive into the trees than 3 putt. I'm hitting the putting green for an hour Friday evening. Somewhere out there.....Sergio feels me.

TomClark

San Jose, CA
Dec 9, 2008
Played at Santa Teresa Golf Club today...like at a country club (no one out there). Weather has been the pits the past couple of days: rain and cold. Played from the tips, and shot a 10 over 81. Fairways didn't provide much roll, but the greens were in good shape. Considering it was 48 when I started, it wasn't too bad. The best part was I was done in under 3 1/2 hours!!

TomClark

San Jose, CA
Dec 9, 2008
Well, it's been almost a month since I last played Santa Teresa, so I went out there again this morning as a single...got out at 8:45, wearing shorts and a pullover.

The sweatshirt was off on the 3rd hole, and stayed that way through the 18th. When we finished, it was 73 degrees with a light breeze.... Winter, you say? HAH, not in Northern California right now! We really need rain, but man, is this beautiful weather!!!

Shot an 82, and had nothing to complain about.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Shot an 81 on Saturday walking and carrying. Could have gone really low. Lipped out no less than 5 putts. Made a stupid double bogey on the 18th because I started thinking about breaking 80 in January and chunked the approach. Not bad considering it is January....it was 40* and windy and I hadn't touched a golf club in a week. There was one other walker on the course and one twosome in a cart.....that's it. I love winter golf.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Shot a ugly 94 today in 37º weather with a lake wind advisory in effect. The wind was howling at 20 with gusts up to 30-35. I pured a 8 iron into the teeth of the wind on a 125 yard par 3 and came up short. I normally hit my 52º wedge, I figured 3 clubs but I guess it was more like 5?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Played the first 6 holes today with two balls off each tee. Played each ball to the hole and was 4 over for 12 holes. Empty course. Sun was not out and it was windy and cold cold cold.

rebelmark

Jan 14, 2009
Shot a 46 for 9 holes today...played good, but my drives were off. No major hole disasters, so hence the low (for me) score.

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
shot 73 today..had a 35 on the front nine then lost it on the 10th and 11th holes went double, triple...it wasnt pretty..i sorta saved it though with back to back birdies on the 17th and 18th to end with a 38.

OP
lamebums

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
I suppose I'll drag up an old thread.

God, this winter was rough. I think I went the entire month of January without even picking up a golf club. By Valentine's Day I was chipping around an orange ball in my backyard in the snow, I'd had golf withdrawal so bad.

Finally got out to the range over Spring Break. Already went out a couple times this year so far, too.

92 at Twin Oaks last week, an I'm not talking about it at Devou Park, and an honest-to-God I haven't lost it yet 83 at Lunken. Now if I could only get the driver to behave. I was forced to hit 2 iron off most tees at Devou (extremely tight course).

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Stone Creek (Oregon City, Oregon)

3 birdies, no bogeys, out in 33.
5 bogeys, no birdies, in in 41.

facepalm

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Not today...but a couple of days ago. 46+45=91.

The score isn't as interesting as the circumstances. About two years ago I replaced my Ping i3 OS irons with Tour Edge Bazooka JMax irons. At that point I still had never broken 100; so I figured it had to be the Pings holding me back. :smilie_ping: Within 30 days after club replacement, I was routinely shooting in the high nineties. For the past year, I have been shooting 95 or below with the Tour Edge clubs. Recently, I have had quite a few rounds balloon over 100. Utt oh...has to be the Tour Edge clubs...right?

On a whim, I put the Pings back in the bag. The score above was shot on the first day I touched the Pings in over two years. It is also the only time...ever....that I broke 100 with those clubs. In retrospect, I probably should have also changed putters before that round. I dropped the tee shot 12 feet above the cup on a par three...and then proceeded to four putt. :biglol:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Where did you play Saturday nututhugame? I played Saturday too.

Ives. Walked, and it was wet. Only intended on going 9, but the kid's soccer got canceled and I was improving towards the end of the first 9 so I paid and played another. As much as I like Pet's I probably wont play there too much unless I can get coupons cause that place is expensive and can get really slow. Which sucks, because I really like it. Ives greens were already pretty dry and had some pace to them.

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
Shot a weird 9 holes today. Didn't finish the 9th hole was kinda ticked off, but I was 1 over through 3, then holed out for eagle on 4, then went bogey, double, double, bogey, dnf. So i probably woulda ended up like 8 or 9 over, with an eagle ><

🔥 Latest posts