• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats everyone got in your bag???

Golf Monkey

Jun 9, 2005
Cleveland Launcher Comp 10.5* (now with Alidila NV but I'm not sure if it suits, I still seem to balloon drives!)
Callaway Big Bertha Fairway 3 & 5 Woods
Cleveland Halo 22*
Mizuno MX17 irons
Nike Wedges 56* & 60*
Bobby Grace M5K putter

Hopefully getting Taylormade LT2's in the new year (I tried MX23's and Mac M565's but the TM's felt better).

Swapped the Ogio Groom for a Ping Hoofer Extreme and £50! Don't worry Rock I've still got the Amp!!
http://www.shottalk.com/product/product.asp?product_ID=1561
http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/product/product.asp?product_ID=1561

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Some changes since the beginning of the season...

Cleveland Launcher 400 driver & 3 wood (15*), both stock Fuji stiff
Snake Eyes Quick Strike II 19* (Aldila One midlaunch reg) & 23* (UST Tourforce 70 Stiff)
MacGregor VIP 1025m 4i, 8i-LW (DG S 300)
Golfsmith Tour Cavity 5-7i (Precision Rifle 5.5)
Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy putter

Oh, and 3.25" tees, 'natch. ;)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
liltiger, how about you shrink your pictures down, man?

mostly stabilized, except the eternal wedge dilemnas:

Cleveland Launcher 460 9.5 - NV65-S
Powerbilt TPS 180 15* 3W - Stock Aldila Stiff
Mizuno Fli Hi CLK 20* Hybrid - DG S300
Nickent Genex 3DX 23* Hybrid - Uniflex steel
Mizuno MX23 5-PW - Dynalite Gold S300
Mizuno MP Series (Chrome) 50-07 bent to 51*
Mizuno MP Series (Chrome) 56-10
Mizuno MP Series (Chrome) 60-06
Odyssey White Steel 2-ball Blade 34" and flattened a couple of degrees

I have some spares lying around as well, like everyone.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Currently my bag is empty. I cleaned everything and WD-40'd my irons.

At season's end, it had the following:

Launcher 400 with Graffaloy Blue S
Mizuno MP-001 3W with Aldila NV 75 S
Cobra SS 5W
Macgregor VIP 1025M with DG S300 4 thru PW
Cleveland 588 RTG 51, 56, 60
Cameron Newport Mil-Spec

The only things in there that were there in April were the wedges, I'm not sure what will be in there next April either. Am pretty sure the 5W will be gone in favor of either a Sonartec MD 19 degree transition, or a Nickent 3DX 17 degree ironwood.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
VtDivot said:
Launcher 400 with Graffaloy Blue S

Did you have the stock stiff Fujikara shaff in this beforehand ? If so, do you now notice a difference, and if so, what, exactly. Been tempted to change the shaft in mine, although some would say I'd be mad - my driving is pretty damn good ! Just curious, and this particular shaft would be my choice if I were to change...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Andy_79 said:
Did you have the stock stiff Fujikara shaff in this beforehand ? If so, do you now notice a difference, and if so, what, exactly. Been tempted to change the shaft in mine, although some would say I'd be mad - my driving is pretty damn good ! Just curious, and this particular shaft would be my choice if I were to change...

Well... sorta...

The 400 I have, I hoed on ebay with the Blue already in it. I hit 3 tee shots with a friends 400 with Blue and knew it was a solid combo, so I had to have one.

Anyways, I had the Launcher 330 2 years ago with the stock gold fuji. As far as older generation OEM stock shafts go, this one was passable but not memorable. The blue just feels solid, it plays very stiff... MUCH stiffer than your stock fuji (higher kickpoint, lower ball flight, etc.) Some guys I know don't like that, they prefer the NV or the prolaunch.

I have the NV in my 3W and that is a solid shaft too, it plays a little softer than the Blue. I like the softer feel in the 3W... what can I say, I'm picky.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
VtDivot said:
I hit 3 tee shots with a friends 400 with Blue and knew it was a solid combo, so I had to have one.....

....what can I say, I'm picky.

Ya, I can see that. :D

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I had the Fuji Gold in my 10.5 Launcher 460 for awhile. It stunk, imho. Sky high and distance was a lottery (so was my swing at the time, though).

I switched to a Blue Stiff...too much for me, switched to the NV stiff and it was perfect, but swapped down to a 9.5 and now everything is wonderful. Just right.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Andy, the stock Fuji stiff in the Clevelands is between a reg and stiff, and is cut to 45". It works just fine for me, again, with a swing speed in the 95 mph range. The Graffaloy Blue shafts tend toward a stiffer feel. Try a bunch before you make a decision to switch.

FWIW, I have a Penley Stealth 70 reg in my 975D, which is cut to 44". It's the bees knees. The shorter shaft and through-the head mounting stiffen the regular just enough for my swing. Again, all individual. If I really go after a drive with that setup, however, it's duck city.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Cheers guys :)

I got my stiff stock shaft tested on a frequency machine thingy & it came out as being 'Xtra shift' ! Strange, innit ?!! I play off two & hit the ball a pretty far distance, but I would prefer to get a slightly more controlled / piercing trajectory, espcially as I play my golf on a very windy Links course. I love my driver to bits, although you're sometimes almost as better off buying a new driver equiped with shaft of choice, as opposed to splashing out a load on a new shaft. Hmmm, tough call. I'm at a stage of life where I have to start taking more care of my money, so not sure what to do.....:(

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Golf Monkey said:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 10.5* (now with Alidila NV but I'm not sure if it suits, I still seem to balloon drives!)

I ain't a fan of that shaft, tbh. Quite like it in fairway metals in 75 G weighted shafts, but the NV 55 & 65 I just find too whippy 'n soft. They're supposed to be a stiff tip, eh !? I don't see that in them myself, at all.....

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Andy_79 said:
I ain't a fan of that shaft, tbh. Quite like it in fairway metals in 75 G weighted shafts, but the NV 55 & 65 I just find too whippy 'n soft. They're supposed to be a stiff tip, eh !? I don't see that in them myself, at all.....

I agree 100% about the softness. I still like it though.

I have it in 75 in my 3W.

🔥 Latest posts