• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's for dinner?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Wife brought home 2 huge sirloins, thinking she might make shishkabobs. Decided against, so I grilled both of those and green and red peppers on the grill (peppers directly on the grill). She baked potaotes. Good meal, and we each have enough leftover steak for a good lunch.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It's been overcast, gloomy with soaking rain and drizzle for 3 days now here. SWMBO's homemade chicken soup with rice. I made a loaf of honey-wheat bread. Outstanding.
PaPaD...the bread maker in more ways than one...you go, club ho!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Not tonight, but tomorrow's thanksgiving feast will feature a Maple Jack brined turkey... The brine contains; garlic, pepper corns, bay leaves, rosemary, salt, 3 cups of maple syrup and 3 cups of Jack Daniels. There is also the peels of a red and green apple plus an orange too! Tom our turkey will swim in that wonderful concoction for a minimum of 16 hours and then roasted to perfection, hopefully!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Not tonight, but tomorrow's thanksgiving feast will feature a Maple Jack brined turkey... The brine contains; garlic, pepper corns, bay leaves, rosemary, salt, 3 cups of maple syrup and 3 cups of Jack Daniels. There is also the peels of a red and green apple plus an orange too! Tom our turkey will swim in that wonderful concoction for a minimum of 16 hours and then roasted to perfection, hopefully!!

Yum!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I did an experiment this time with the ribs. I had two, generally equal, racks of ribs. I ended up only having enough foil to wrap one rack. So I wrapped one with butter, honey, and brown sugar like I usually do and left the other rack in the smoker longer until it was done.

The unwrapped rack, IMO, was better. The texture of the meat was better, more smoke flavor, but oddly less smoke ring(but I don't think the smoke ring had anything to do with wrapping, probably location in the smoker).

I also used mesquite. Which is generally considered to be too strong of a smoke for pork. Which I'm not convinced of, but then, I enjoy strong smoke flavor. I do enjoy hickory more though.

It takes longer, but I might not wrap ribs anymore if I have the time.

Need to try not wrapping a brisket too...and pork butt....

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

It was very yummy indeed!! My second attempt at thanksgiving dinner was a success! The turkey turned out amazing, juicy and the stuffing this year was a home run! Mom-in-law made her green bean casserole and homemade bread. I handled the garlic mashed potatoes. My parents were put in charge of pie! A great meal and everyone left stuffed!!

Winning! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1558824873.048986.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1558824888.761080.jpg

Bold Texas BBQ pulled pork sandwiches tonight for dinner. Thanks to the magical Big Green Egg. 5.5 hours of cherry/apple wood smoke. Plus another 2 hours on the egg wrapped in tinfoil bathing in apple juice!! Soooo damn good!

🔥 Latest posts