• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's in my bag?

amcquay

Aug 18, 2009
I just got done cleaning up my clubs for a round tomorrow morning and thought I'd take a few pictures. Here's a quick rundown:

Driver - Nike Dymo 11.5˚, stock UST widebody 55g regular flex shaft

I had recently been gaming a G10 with Ping TFC129 stiff shaft and noticed I really had to swing out of my shoes to get it to perform well. So, I decided to go in for a driver fitting and found my swing speed was definitely too low for the average stiff shaft. Also surprising was that this Nike was far and away the best fit for me. I won't bore you will all the various club numbers, but here's a comparison of a G10 w/ regular flex shaft and the Dymo (all averages of 8-10 swings):

Ping G10 10.5 Regular
Carry - 204.7
Roll - 15.1
Total - 219.8
Ball Speed - 123.5
Launch Angle - 15.6
Back Spin - 3013
Side Spin - (-990)
Club Speed - 84.5

Nike SQ Dymo 11.5 Regular
Carry - 229.6
Roll - 17.1
Total - 247.3
Ball Speed - 129.2
Launch Angle - 14.7
Back Spin - 2494
Side Spin - (-59)
Club Speed - 87.5

These numbers carried over to the course, I've hit 80% or more fairways with the Dymo vs. 40-50% with the Ping with more consistent distance.

Hybrid - Adams Idea Tech a4 19˚, regular flex MR Javln shaft

I just picked this up a few days ago and finally got some range time with it yesterday. This is the hybrid I've been looking for, a smooth easy swing results in a ~200 yard bullet with a nice boring trajectory. I'm just now experimenting with working the ball and actually found it pretty easy to do with this club. Looking forward to using this guy on a couple of par fives tomorrow.

Irons - Ping G10 4-PW and UW, green dot, +1/2" length, regular flex AWT steel shafts

I got fitted and ordered these about 2 months ago now and have seen my scores drop significantly, and my ball striking has improved immensely. Before this I was gaming an antique set of Square Two irons that were just a joke. Not much I can say about the G10s that hasn't already been said, great irons for a mid-capper like me.

Wedges - Nike SV Tour, 56.14 and 60.06, DGS400 shafts

I just picked these up last week to replace my aged Mizuno MP T wedges. I really like the weight of these clubs a lot better and am pleased with the S400 shafts so far. I changed from 53˚/58˚ wedges to 56˚/60˚ and am happy so far. The G10 PW and UW are 46˚ and 50˚, respectively, and I'm thinking I'll eventually replace the UW with another SV Tour in 50˚ or 52˚. I'd recommend these highly, you can find them for around $60 new on Ebay these days.

Putter - Ping Karsten series Anser, 35", green dot

I had been gaming an Odyssey White Hot XG9 and finally got tired of the soft insert and the inconsistent distance control I had with it. Traded it in a month or so ago and like this Anser better than the other flat sticks I tried. I've dropped 7-10 putts per round since the switch, so I'm happy. This is a great line of putters for a good price in my opinion, I may pick up a C67 at some point to have a center-shafted change of pace every now and then.

Now the good stuff, the pictures:

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.