• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's in my bag?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Golf clubs!

Bridgestone J33R 8.5*, Accuflex Creation 80
Bridgestone J33 15*, Axivcore
Taylormade Rescue tp 19* Tour Issue, DGS300
Mizuno MP-14 4-PW, DGS300
Bridgestone WC 54*, DGS300
Maltby M Series 58*, DGS300
TP Mills Tradition

The other bag has a TM r7425 tp with a Graman ul540 "Limey" and Mizuno MP-30s with DGS300. If I use this bag then I just switch out the wedges and putter and what not.

My irons and wedges are fit using a system similar to TLT but less complicated. Basically each club is fit to the same athletic stance and so that each club "feels" the same to swing. This system was a collaboration between SilverUberXeno and myself a couple years ago. Will never go back to a standard set - this works too well.

All my clubs are getting "old" but they work. I used to experiment and mess around a lot more, but I've pretty much settled on what works. I have another J33R with a Graman 780, but the Creation performs much better for me. Love the head too much to get rid of it though...

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7098_7228888472_dec9184721_c.jpg
2012-05-19_14-05-59_442 by jliimatta1218, on Flickr

afarm6.staticflickr.com_5238_7228880314_26f3e3a3d0_c.jpg
2012-05-19_14-06-27_288 by jliimatta1218, on Flickr

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Isn't the J33r with the 780 mine?! What a bomber.

I still have my irons fit to that methodology we came up with too. Still get wild looks from the guys who bending those long irons 5 degrees flat hahaha.

Sweet sticks dude. I miss the sound of the J33r. Sounded so boss.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Nice sticks! I recognize that R7! how do you like the MP-30s? I was thinking of snagging a set but havent pulled the trigger yet!

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Ha yeah I have drivers from both of you. Both solid by the way, you never should have given them up ;) Zach, I see you've got a set of Mizunos as well - how do you like the mp-58s?

My long irons are pretty flat - once I taught the Golf Galaxy tech a little about the solid mechanics of steel because he was worried about bending it so far. The club was actually upright so he needed to bend it almost 7* and was worried about the metal fatiguing. Mizuno uses some soft steel though!

Jim - the MP-30's are great. Very small offset and classic Mizuno feel. A little less forgiving than most cavity backs, but nobody gets a club like that for its forgiveness. They have weaker lofts, so please understand that if you have a gap wedge it will likely be pretty close to the pw. I use a 54-58 combo with both my sets of Mizunos. Pick up a set of ANY player's Mizunos and you will be very pleased with the performance.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The 58s are the most beautiful clubs I've ever seen. They feel as good as anything I've used, too. I really can't imagine playing anything else. I think the 59s look lame. The 58s are just perfect. They play as well as the 30s and 57s I've had, but I'm constantly awestruck by how gorgeous they are. Always in headcovers. No exceptions.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Do you replace each iron cover after every shot? Just curious. Would seem like a pain in the ass to do that all the time, just to prevent bag chatter. I bet your irons look good though.

These are little slip on nylon iron covers. Literally takes a fraction of a second to put on and take off. There is no zipper or button or anything to worry about. I'll post a WITB sometime soon so you can see what they are, but they're really great. And yes, my clubs look MINT. I would NEVER allow an investment like MP58's to bang around like a hippie teenager.

They even have little windows on top of clear plastic so you can see which iron is which, assuming you didn't have a bag as well organized as mine is ;)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I remember the heated iron cover threads from over at GR... lol... what a riot

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I remember the heated iron cover threads from over at GR... lol... what a riot

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking of those days. I havent been on GR in a LONG time.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You mean like me? Yeah, I guess I should care what my equipment looks like, but I don't. As long as the grooves and grips are clean, I'm good to go.

No no no, I meant that hippie teenagers are likely to "bang around." Lol, I wasn't calling someone without iron covers a hippie teenager!!!

These are really so simple to use and take NO time. I don't even think about taking them on and off. I pop it off and into my pocket in literally .25 seconds, and put it back on just as quickly. You'd never ever notice it, playing with me, except that my clubs shine like crazy.

To each his own, of course. I am very anal about the stuff I invest in. I wash my clubs weekly, grips at LEAST monthly. It's just how I am. I really HATE club chatter.

Plus, when I finally get mad enough to quit the game, I'll have some excellent resale value :D

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
eh, my clubs are tools. If they still work well I don't care what they look like too much. I am slightly particular about the general shape of my clubs though. Hate offset and big gaudy drivers.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was wondering if I was the only one thinking of those days. I havent been on GR in a LONG time.
That's basically how this site was born... a spin off from GR. It really hasn't been the same for me without Bravo and Eracer.

I log in now hoping there are some posts from Steve, since he's always great for a hoot.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That's basically how this site was born... a spin off from GR. It really hasn't been the same for me without Bravo and Eracer.

I log in now hoping there are some posts from Steve, since he's always great for a hoot.

I remember. I came over not long after the site was formed. GR turned into a flame fest. And yeah, things have been changing quite a bit around here. Many people do not post like they used to...

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
These are little slip on nylon iron covers. Literally takes a fraction of a second to put on and take off. There is no zipper or button or anything to worry about. I'll post a WITB sometime soon so you can see what they are, but they're really great. And yes, my clubs look MINT. I would NEVER allow an investment like MP58's to bang around like a hippie teenager.

They even have little windows on top of clear plastic so you can see which iron is which, assuming you didn't have a bag as well organized as mine is ;)

I agree. It doesn't take a second to put one on and off, and they do keep the heads in shape plus you don't hear them hitting each other.

I use iron covers as well. I perfectly understand people who don't like them, but the idea of some people in some discussions everywhere about only being a real golfer if you let your clubs bang on each other is just ridiculous

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.