• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's new and go to first unread issues

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Before the update(looks great btw) when viewing the "what's new" or "New Posts" list, clicking on the thread title would take you to the first unread post in the thread. That was a fantastic feature and 99% of my forum viewing is done via the "What's new".

I know I can click the last page of the thread, but I still have to search through posts to find the latest one. Saves me a lot of time catching up on ShotTalk.

Was hoping either I'm just missing where to click to see that functionality or if that could be changed back to the way it was. Never worked with this forum software so I'm not sure how easy/difficult that is.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I would like to request that the color for links is darkened a bit. Cyan against white is too light.

Also would like the alerts/notifications icons to be darker, or even red. They're easy to miss.

Maybe there's customization/preference settings somewhere I'm not seeing?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Ok, so scratch this.

Looks like if you have unread messages in the thread, it DOES take you to the first unread. If you do not have an unread, it takes you to the first post of the thread.

User error.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I just hit the "New Posts" button on the first page and it brings up all threads with unread posts.
Has that always been there? I feel like either I'm blind, or that's a newish addition to the front page.

But yes, this works well. PEBKAC issue.

🔥 Latest posts