• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's REALLY in your bag? A new, revealing thread!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Gentlemen, we know what we're using to hit the golf ball. I want to know, now, what ELSE is in your bag. Everything, from tees, to balls, to towels, to books, to gloves-- EVERYTHING. And I want pictures! Later on today I am going to EMPTY my golf bag, take an inventory of the contents, spread them out and snap some pictures. I think it'd be a lot of fun for everyone interested to do the same. See how much surface area of a floor or desk we can cover with all the crap we lug around.

So, WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG, really?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
This is a great idea. If I had to tell you without looking, I'd never know what's all in there. Good opportunity to clean the old hoofer out, too.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What's REALLY in my bag...

The inventory is:

(2) Taylormade Targa Tour Gloves
(2) Under Armour Heat Gear Gloves
(1) Footjoy Sciflex Glove
(1) Taylormade Stratus Glove
(1) PAIR of Footjoy Rain Gloves
(1) PAIR of Under Armour Cold Gear Gloves

(1) SkyCaddie SG5
(1) Callaway/Nikon LR1200 Rangefinder

(23) 2 3/4" Tees (mostly zero-friction)
(18) Short tees; in a toothpick-container
(15) Band-Aids

(3) Divot Tools; Titleist, Taylormade, and Nike
(7) Ballmarkers; (1) big Chinese coin, (3) half-dollars, (2) Susan B Anthony dollars, (1) Odyssey Poker Chip

(2) Sleeves of Titleist Pro V1
(3) Sleeves of Taylormade TP Red
(16) Shag balls; Nike One Tour D, ProV1, ProV1x, Bridgestone E5/E6/E7; for practice green.

(1) Nike Towel
(1) Ogio Towel
(1) Kyocera Towel
(1) MacGregor Towel
(1) Burton Towel

(1) Yardage Book from Aberdeen Country Club (Myrtle)
(1) Scorecard from Aberdeen
(1) Scorecard from Blackmoor (Myrtle)
(1) Scorecard from King's North at Myrtle Beach National
(4) Scorecard from my home course, Beaver Meadows

(1) Black, stiff bristled brush

(1) Red Sharpie

(1) Wide brimmed, white and black booney hat!
BagInventory1.jpg
BagInventory2.jpg
BagInventory3.jpg
BagInventory4.jpg
BagInventoryFull.jpg

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Re: What's REALLY in my bag...

I love Aberdeen, its a great track

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

I have an extra towel, my rain gear, three extra gloves (including my rain glove), extra balls, tees, my ball mark repair tool, some change, some bug spray, sunscreen and several beer.

I carry very little in my bag because it makes it so damn heavy to carry around.

R35

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States

I switch bags every week from the cart bag on weekends to a light carry bag that travels with me. Neither are stocked with much in the way of "stuff". There is one towel on my carry bag and two towels hang from my cart bag. Each bag has a fairly new Foot Joy glove. Each bag has its own pouch of tees and ball markers. Each bag has is stocked with 7 ProVs before every round (Yes, superstitous!). This time of year, each bag will have a can of Deep Woods Off. The cart bag also has a small pump spray bottle of a cheap WalMart "Vanilla Musk" body spray. We can get hit with gnats on early mornings. The gnats don't like vanilla and a pump or two will leave you 'gnatless' and smellin' like you just walked out of the traveling carnival tent where you attended your first strip show about a hundred years ago!!

That's it! No rain gear... No extra gloves... No extra underwear.... Nothing but the essentials.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country

One towel. One Callaway Glove. One coin. A pair of cotton Khaki pants...just in case I guess. Who knows why haha. Just picked up my new bag last fall though so its a little sparse. I always walk so I try to keep it pretty light.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

Man, my cart bag is friggin loaded. I'll take a pic and inventory tonight. It makes SUX look like he's packin' light.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

nothing special - no rain gear, only a handful of balls and tees. Several dollars in change however, maybe an extra glove.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic. One soiled. One black suit jacket, one pair black suit pants. One hat, black. One pair of sunglasses. $23.07.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic. One soiled. One black suit jacket, one pair black suit pants. One hat, black. One pair of sunglasses. $23.07.

And Elwood picks you up in a golf cart from the police auction.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
I usually do a full bag clean out at the beginning of the season. So for me that was about 2 months ago.

What I remember is the following.

4 gloves
tees
ball markers
divot repair tools
wire brush
pocket knife for grooves
bug spray
bug wipes
4 towels on the outside
crystal light packets
tylenol
rolaids
band-aids
sports tape
pullover for rain(no full rain gear)
bag cover
balls
rules of golf
2 scorecards

It sure is a lot more than I used to carry when I was a kid. All I used to carry back then was balls and I was lucky to have enough tees for a round.

🔥 Latest posts