• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the closest you've came to a hole in one?.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Well, I was out today for some bunker practice on the 2nd hole at my home course and after about a half hour a group was on there way up #1hole so I decided I'd go over and play #1 when they were done then play #2 and continue my bunker practice, anyways I eventually got back up on the #2 tee box, and hit the exact shot I was lookin for. Its a 160yrd very downhill par3 so I hit my nice new PW (just bought new irons yesterday). The shot literally stopped 1" short of going in, I was in awe as I've never ever ever been that close for a bird before I was looking at the ball while I walked down the hill just kinda hoping it might drop as I walked towards it! Man Oh Man I've never hit a shot that close before!. Felt great, and gives me lots of nice confidence in my new clubs!. 1 freakin inch!... I really thought it was gona go in when I was watching it from the tee box.

I was almost glad it didn't go in though, as there was no one around to see it. I hope I can hit one that well again sometime!.

Whats the closest everyone has came to a hole in one without actually getting a hole out?.

Fr. Chris.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I've had more than one shot lip around and stop 3" behind the hole. Hit the pin off a drive once as well.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The closest i have ever been was on a 130ish yard par three, hit a 9i and it flew right over the flagstick, spun back and bounced off the flagstick to about a foot away...naturally i missed the birdie put but made the par put.

That was the only round i have been @ or under par through the third hole. Birdie on one, par on two and bogey on three and after that it went back to where i usually shoot. But i was so close to being two under through two...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I made a hole in one when I was 16, I didn't even realize how rare it was at the time. Since then I've had a few land within foot of the pin, had one hit the pin and bounce right to stop about 4 inches.

My home course has a 120 yard par 3, its a nine hole course so I play this hole twice a round, several times a week, ;)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I've hit the pin many times, lipped out, left it on the lip. Pretty much, you name it I've probably done it OTHER THAN GETTING THE HOLE IN ONE!!!! :bang:

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i stuck a ball on a soft green 3" beside the cup for a gimme birdie. a couple of others a foot away too.

my style of play(hit them high) combined with soft greens in my area of the world greatly lessen the chance of getting an ace. not too worried about it though, nice and close to the hole is more than good enough.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
You mean you guys don't make one at least once a week? hell I'm making them on 400 yd par 4's with my 4 wood these days, driver just won't hold the green on a half swing.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
ahome.lagrange.edu_tummy_almost.jpg

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
number 8 at the home course....left a ballmark in the edge of the cup. ball hit in the edge and bounced up off the pin. ended up about 6" behind the cup. 6 iron from 165.

Jason

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Closest I've ever been is in the hole..... twice. Twenty years ago (once in 1989 and once in 1990).

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
160yd Par 3 hit the flag pole and stopped 3 ft from the hole....

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Had one Christmas Eve Day a couple years ago.

Have also had very many close calls including this year within 18" that ended pin high after hopping sideways when going in direct line with the pin, as well as one that hit the stick. Had a lot where I hit the stick. Had one that damaged the cup when it hit the cup edge on the fly prior to hitting the stick.

Probably the thing I remember almost as well as the hole in one was the very next round I played while traveling in Texas in February or late January was hitting a stick and having the ball come to rest within inches of the hole. The two guys I was playing with whom I didn't know freaked out, and when I told them one of the last par 3's I played was a few months prior for and Ace, they were fairly dumbfounded.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Not sure I've had one much closer than a foot. Lately I've had a few that must have rolled by really close judging from the pitchmark and where the ball is. I have a feeling I'll get one soon at the course I'm at now. I've been putting a lot of shots right on them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online