• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the greatest shot you have ever hit?

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
final hole of a scramble, 240 yard par 3 with wind hurting. Hit 3 wood to 6 feet for birdie. can't remember a more satisfying shot.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Needed a birdie coming in to make the cut, drained about a 40-footer on the 17th. Could barely see the hole because it was on top of a ridge.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
180 yard 4 iron punch. Under the tree, over the bunker, stuck on the green & made the eagle putt.:)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I hit a horribly short tee shot on a 175 yard par 3 in a tournament. My ball was in a ravine in front of the green about 30 feet below it and 25 yards short. I couldn't even see the flag stick I was so far below the green. I hit a 56º wedge and heard it hit the flag stick, then everyone started screaming and yelling and I knew it had gone it. :thumbs up: To bad i couldn't see it happening.

I made a hole in one when I was 16 but it was such dumb luck I don't count it. I used way to much club hitting to a elevated green and the ball was screaming over the green. The wind was blowing and the flag on the pin was unfurled, the ball hit the flag which wrapped around it. Then the balls spun down the stick and into the hole, see what i mean? Dumb luck, :ugly25:

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
My best was a 5 iron from about 180, Father's Day '01. . .sliced my driver off the T of course. Hit my 5 iron to the green, I knew it was on. I walked around for nearly 10 minutes trying to find my ball. It was like a booming voice from the sky, "Look in the hole bubba"--sounded like my Dad that had passed away the year before. It was in the hole. My first and only Eagle.

5iron

I made an eagle with my 56* wedge from about 80 yards out.(Par 4) It mightve been the only hole of the day without a mulligan lol. Great thread by the way.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Par 5. Tee shot ended up in a bunker at the corner of a dogleg left around a big lake. Should have played to the right and trundled one down the fairway. Instead, took a 7-wood from 175 and blasted it over the water. It came out perfectly, soared 165 yards, bounced twice and rolled up to about 2 inches. Almost an albatross. It was my first eagle.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Probably the 5i i hit for my first birdie. It was my second round ever, hit a really nice fade up the middle(which was just a watered down slice because of the wind...

Got to my ball and hit the first perfect iron i had ever hit on the course, barely even felt it come off the head of the club and it was heading right but the wind brought it back. It hit about 3 feet behind the hole and spun back to about a foot for a tap in birdie. Probably the most satisfying hole i have ever played so far. It just all fell together. I remember thinking, "So thats how you play golf...damn that feels good."

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
don't think this would be my greatest shot but is my most memorable. i was on a par 5 playing behind a group of young guys. they finished up on the green and waved me to hit up so i could play through. i had 175-180 yds to the hole for my second shot. i pure a 7-iron and the dam thing flew straight into the cup and justs shatters it. the guys standing by the green were ducking and running for cover, they didn't know what the hell happened. unforunately, the ball flew out and ended some 30 ft away. so i missed that but ended up with a kick in birdie.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Holed out a 3 iron for eagle on a par 4 back in college.

That or the 3 wood I hit to 2 inches in two on a par 5.

Members online