• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's the weather where you are?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
At least two tornados just north of us last evening. Quite a bit of damage in tow fair sized communities. 80+ mph winds hit here about 7 p.m. Haven't heard, yet, where tornado or just straight winds. Lots of power lines down. Trees in the streets. Street light pole and tree residue blocked street just beyond our front yard. Lost power a few minutes after 7. Came back on at 12:30 a.m. No damage to our home or trees.

It's June in Kansas. Nothing out of the ordinary. Once the sirens began blowing we did head to the basement for about 45 minutes.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Limpalong,
Glad to hear all is well!!! Saw there were Tornado's between Manhattan and Marysville. My wife's family is in Herington.

As you mentioned, kind of par for the course in Kansas this time of the year.

Pretty funny story when my wife was in a business meeting in New Orleans a couple years ago and they had a tornado warning. She immediately got up to go to the bottom floor. Everyone in the meeting was asking where she was going. One of the guys in the meeting got up and said she's from Kansas, I'm following her. lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Limpalong,
Glad to hear all is well!!! Saw there were Tornado's between Manhattan and Marysville. My wife's family is in Herington.

As you mentioned, kind of par for the course in Kansas this time of the year.

Pretty funny story when my wife was in a business meeting in New Orleans a couple years ago and they had a tornado warning. She immediately got up to go to the bottom floor. Everyone in the meeting was asking where she was going. One of the guys in the meeting got up and said she's from Kansas, I'm following her. lol
We lived in Herington from 1974 until 1985. Know she IS from Herington because you know how to spell it. Most folks want to put two "R's" in it!!! :>)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
We lived in Herington from 1974 until 1985. Know she IS from Herington because you know how to spell it. Most folks want to put two "R's" in it!!! :>)
Wow, I never realized that. Small world. My wife lived there her whole life and graduated it '83. I started a private conversation with you. I would probably find it hard to believe you didn't know at least part of her family

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
101 ambient right now with a heat index of 112. I mowed early this morning and was done by 10. Didn't even try to meet the guys for golf. The course didn't open until 10. Reports from the group is that they all regret even trying to play. It was about 12:30 when they finished and already a scorcher.

Supposed to remain really hot for the next few days. Will be back to 7 a.m. tee time so should be back home before really feeling the heat.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
High 90's daily with a "real feel" of 100+.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
LOTS of tree damage at the course, yesterday. 80 mph winds rolled through on Tuesday night. Dumped 4" of rain in about 40 minutes. Did play pretty well, dodging limbs and branches... and path only. 43.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Having been seeing the low 30’s of late, as always its the humidity that kills ya in Ontario. Have some rain and relief on the way today. My lawn could use the drink!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Having been seeing the low 30’s of late, as always its the humidity that kills ya in Ontario. Have some rain and relief on the way today. My lawn could use the drink!
Would send you a little moisture if we could! My lawn needs mowed at least twice/week, now.

The streak of triple digit heat indexes ended today. Temps dropped to 65, overnight. Only in the 70's this morning. What a beautiful morning for golf!!!!

🔥 Latest posts