• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's unusual in your bag?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
State law is such that if a CC'r carries into a place that has posted against it, they have to be asked to leave. If they refuse to leave, then they can be ticketed for trespassing.

That's pretty much it. Which...is pretty much the same for every right on private property, so I think that's perfectly fair.
Thanks for the education. It's outta my wheelhouse.

Btw, showed my wife the pic of your truck on the lake, and the map...she said you people are nuts! I told her you're ok, for a cheesehead. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Thanks for the education. It's outta my wheelhouse.

Btw, showed my wife the pic of your truck on the lake, and the map...she said you people are nuts! I told her you're ok, for a cheesehead. :D
lol, tell her thanks!

That's not my truck, it's my buddies. It's OK, but I'm a Ford guy myself.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You know, I knew that and forgot. I remember you posting pics of it when you got it.
Yeah...it's long gone now though. I had to trade it in because I got laid off and couldn't afford it at the time.

Rocking two commuter cars now...plus, my new garage isn't deep enough to hold most 4 door trucks...cept maybe the new Colorado from Chevy...which I might have to look at when I start looking at trucks...

Odds are we're going to be getting some sort of 4x4 SUV though. Better for the kids and I can throw a basket on the hitch for dragging deer home from the field.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yeah...it's long gone now though. I had to trade it in because I got laid off and couldn't afford it at the time.

Rocking two commuter cars now...plus, my new garage isn't deep enough to hold most 4 door trucks...cept maybe the new Colorado from Chevy...which I might have to look at when I start looking at trucks...

Odds are we're going to be getting some sort of 4x4 SUV though. Better for the kids and I can throw a basket on the hitch for dragging deer home from the field.
Grand Cherokees, any year, are great SUV's with great 4 wheel capability. Look into them before you buy.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Grand Cherokees, any year, are great SUV's with great 4 wheel capability. Look into them before you buy.
We have friends that have owned two. Both of them required transmissions before 120k miles...

That might be a tough sell to the wife. I wish they would put out another Cherokee or GC with the old 4.0L inline 6 with those bullet proof 5 speeds and manual transfer cases. I would really be excited if they threw some Dana 44's front and back with optional E-lockers available. What an epic off the shelf SUV that would be.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
We have friends that have owned two. Both of them required transmissions before 120k miles...

That might be a tough sell to the wife. I wish they would put out another Cherokee or GC with the old 4.0L inline 6 with those bullet proof 5 speeds and manual transfer cases. I would really be excited if they threw some Dana 44's front and back with optional E-lockers available. What an epic off the shelf SUV that would be.
That would be sweet, and expensive.

You should still do the research. I've had quite a few Jeep products over the years and was always happy with them. Didn't run any of them past 120,000 however. Did get 1 lemon, kept leaving the ex stranded...always on the highway. Shame we didn't keep it longer....

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
You know why they call them Grand Cherokees?

Because when you took them to the garage it took you a grand to get your Cherokee back.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You know why they call them Grand Cherokees?

Because when you took them to the garage it took you a grand to get your Cherokee back.
Only had 1 bad Jeep product in the entire family out of 9 owned, and the 1 bad one was a lemon that Jeep handled all costs of repair and wound up buying back from me. Just never had problems with them.

OP
Unrepentant 60s kid

Unrepentant 60s kid

Aug 30, 2012
Everybody's taste in cars is different, but sometimes you can surprise yourself. I had a 2012 Cadillac CTS-4 with which I was never happy. I only bought it because the body-on-frame Town Car had been phased out.

When I moved to a retirement community further out into the country, I traded the Caddy in for a Grand Cherokee which had all the same premium amenities and more. Never owned anything quite so truck-ish, but came to really love the machine. Comfortable (adjustable lumbar supports are great) and functionally practical at the same time, the Jeep won me over quickly. My only complaint is that the head restraints don't let me wear a nice fedora when I'm dressed up.

Is there any way to replace them with shorter ones?

🔥 Latest posts