• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's up All!

BADGOLFR81

Jul 2, 2010
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading the posts on here for a month or so, but I figured it was time to start posting myself. I love golf and love talking about it so why not right. Quick little background golfed maybe twice when I was a kid just recenlty bought my first set of clubs 3 years ago(I'm 29 now),didn't play to much the first year I got them, and I don't think I even golfed once last year. Now I'm back in the game going a couple of times a week plus the driving range at least twice a week. I'm really bad hence the username I can range from a 105-140. My goal for this summer is to shoot under 100, that's all for now.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Hello mate! I promise you'll find more than enough information here to go under that 100 in no time! Oh, and you better start saving some money, because you'll end up changing your driver four times and your putter at least another four by December :D

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Welcome to shottalk! And like xamilo said there is more than enough info to get you under 100 in no time.

OP
B

BADGOLFR81

Jul 2, 2010
Hello mate! I promise you'll find more than enough information here to go under that 100 in no time! Oh, and you better start saving some money, because you'll end up changing your driver four times and your putter at least another four by December :D

Funny you say that xamilo I just bought a driver last week(taylor made burner 09)pretty good deal too $150, and already want new/better iron set. Bought a cheap all in one set, not bad quality though. I've read stories on here where they had the clubs break on impact shortly after they were bought. Had to get irons lengthen, but still somewhat decent. Hopefully that'll make a difference, but it's probably more me. Appreciate the confidence though that def. helps and I'm looking forward to doing it.

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Funny you say that xamilo I just bought a driver last week(taylor made burner 09)pretty good deal too $150, and already want new/better iron set. Bought a cheap all in one set, not bad quality though. I've read stories on here where they had the clubs break on impact shortly after they were bought. Had to get irons lengthen, but still somewhat decent. Hopefully that'll make a difference, but it's probably more me. Appreciate the confidence though that def. helps and I'm looking forward to doing it.

Just my $.02 ... TM makes some quality equipment but I would almost bet my truck on the fact that you will get more mileage out of spending a little bit of coin on lessons instead of new equipment. At the risk of violating the t.o.s. of this board I will include this link to you. YouTube - jritter5's Channel My advice is to bookmark that link and watch all his videos, they have helped me tremendously.

I too have recently come back to the game and through watching his videos, some hard work, well informed equipment choices, and a ton of practice have dropped enough shots off my game I enjoy the game enough that I consider myself a full blown golf addict with a great chance of getting better.....

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Jeff Ritter Golf (although I can honestly say I wish I were), I am but another golf enthusiast trying to pass on something that helped me to a fellow golfer. If my linking of his site is in violation of t.o.s. I apologize in advance as my intention is obviously not to spam and I will edit my post if need be to rectify the situation.

john

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Hey BG81
Welcome aboard. Good luck on breaking 100.Let us know when it happens and we'll celebrate with a cyber beer in the "clubhouse".

ELCTW

Nike Golf
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for joining us! I'm kind of in a similar situation as you. I used to play a lot like 5 years ago, but I got away fromt the game, didn't play last summer at all, but now I'm getting back into it. I shoot mid 90's.

🔥 Latest posts