• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's up?!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Happy New Year one and all. Sorry I've been a bit busy at work lately, Christmas etc. Been lurking a bit to make sure that everyone is behaving themselves, looks like it's all in order, so carry on!!

Anyway life is good in Portstewart these days. I've been playing a bit over the last few weeks and playing quite well thanks very much. Played on Saturday and shot +1 (actually messed up a bit, dropping 2 shots on the last 3 holes) and really felt comfortable over the ball.

Just picked up a couple of Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 58 wedges off eBay for a song. I am going through my "consolidating 3 wedges into 2 experiement". No room at the moment for my 2 iron, and I've listened to the argument about need for 60 degree wedge, so time to try it out. I'll let you know how I get on. Happy to try them and I was really tempted to try the Ported GTO dudes, just cuz they look cool.

Anyway, keep swinging.
IG

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
couple of par 3's coming in huh ;)

Ain't that the truth. At least I was playing with a decent set of irons this time, not some cheap Japanese rubbish that Dave ireland is now posing about with.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Ain't that the truth. At least I was playing with a decent set of irons this time, not some cheap Japanese rubbish that Dave ireland is now posing about with.

:faintthud ... ya bastad !! Miura's are Epon wannabes !! .. I have further expanded the bag for 2007 (*mental note post pic of bag*) by again turning to the land of the rising sun and pulling a 52/8 and 56/10 GField GFT wedge set.... $30 P&P from Tokyo and not a sign of customs and exise getting their 21% ... when yer on a roll yer on a roll !!

Golf wise I opened up the new year with an encouraging 77 on Saturday .. keeping with my latin good looks it was Seve'esque .. 4/14 fairways .. 6/18 greens and only 30 putts !! .. bogeyed 3 of the par 3's ... ahhh it's too early in the year to start the if only's ..

btw offta Spain on 7th Feb for some warm weather training .. to be followed by the pilgrimmage to Scotland in April and a date in May down in the Belfry !!

I'm not having any probs swinging the NSPRO GH 1150 shafts .. you can defo feel the extra weight in the head .. think they swing at D4 ... maybe you should try some girlie weight training - like bar curling a tin of beans 20 times to bulk up :D .. oh yeah happy new year ...

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
maybe you should try some girlie weight training - like bar curling a tin of beans 20 times to bulk up :D .. oh yeah happy new year ...

Only weight training I need is taking the money off yerself!
ps do they sell swings in Japan as well? :japanflag

Happy New year right back at you Mr. Ireland!!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Only weight training I need is taking the money off yerself!
ps do they sell swings in Japan as well? :japanflag

Happy New year right back at you Mr. Ireland!!

I've used a "bit of the blarney" with ma man in Japan .. he's very eager to help us poor aul souls in oireland ...he's pushing some nice diamana and axiv shafts at the moment...

I'm tired taking money of ya ... well and grand up North coz yer Euro friendly, but the queen's shilling is about as useful as some vokey spin milled wedges down here ;)

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Im back..

Hello everybody! Happy New Year. I fell off ShotTalk for a bit.. not sure if anyone even remembers me.. hah. Anyway, I hope everyone has been doing well in the past months. :D

🔥 Latest posts