• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats your carry gun?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I also carry in my own home now because a few months back we had a heroin addict come beat the front door in. My wife was in the living room I was in the back. He started to throw her into the wall when I came out pistol at the ready and was about to send him to hell. Unfortunately I didn't have a good shot without risking my wife so he made it out of the front door leaving a trail of piss down his leg. His expression was almost comical, I hope that lesson keeps him from making that mistake again.

I can answer some what on hi point. Years ago they had a bad rap as making inferior guns, they had issues with the metal in the barrels where they would crack due to heat and on the rare but terrible occasion it would explode. They have come a long way from then and make quality weapons now, but some still think of them as inferior because of that period of bad luck. I see several models of them I wouldn't mind owning and probably will before long.
Damn dude, where do you live you have heroin addicts breaking down your door? I'd probably carry too in your situation, but also be looking for a place to move.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Actually the town im in is very low on all types of crime, I just happened to be the unfortunate one that had someone try something stupid. never underestimate the stupidity of a druggie needing a fix.

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Two questions:

1. William, what state are you in? I am in VT, near upstate NY and crime is minimal here. The big news lately was a hit and run, lady got hit by former city attorney.

2. Whats the deal with Hi Points? Is it like the clones of hand guns?
Columbus Ohio.
Not exactly the worst city in the USA...but just enough that you have to keep any eye on people around you. We've had people robbed at gun point just down the street and an attempted kidnapping of a young woman while her husband and newborn were right there. The husband warned the attacker twice to back off then pulled a gun on him and the guy ran off. This was just down the street last fall or so.

Vermont is the place I'd live if I had to choose somewhere based on current gun laws and crime rates.

I think HI Point was considered a 'junk' gun when they first came out but apparently at some point they turned themselves around and a lot of guys I know who have one love them. I dont like polymer guns. A gun should be stainless steel :D

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Damn dude, where do you live you have heroin addicts breaking down your door? I'd probably carry too in your situation, but also be looking for a place to move.
But I'll tell ya what, we have had some very serious crimes here in Columbus in some of the best parts of town. There is no such thing as 'safe' anywhere. Crime may be very low but who wants to be that ONE person in a year who gets raped and stabbed to death?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
But I'll tell ya what, we have had some very serious crimes here in Columbus in some of the best parts of town. There is no such thing as 'safe' anywhere. Crime may be very low but who wants to be that ONE person in a year who gets raped and stabbed to death?
Vermont has very liberal gun laws, like non existent. Drugs though are making their way in more and more. Personally I would be all for our police upping the "harassment" levels of people that have even a hint of suspicion. I think that violates the 4th amendment though, so we will have to deal.

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
Vermont has very liberal gun laws, like non existent. Drugs though are making their way in more and more. Personally I would be all for our police upping the "harassment" levels of people that have even a hint of suspicion. I think that violates the 4th amendment though, so we will have to deal.
Its regrettable that in order for freedom to exist so many criminally minded people are able to do what they do more easily.

If'n I had my druthers everyone would be armed and these low lifes would think twice about victimizing any of us.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
ok - enough business talk on the course. you folks need some balance. keep the heavy stuff elsewhere. this forum is for finer points than that coarse stuff. In fact this separation IS the point. I have many guns. NRA life member in fact. Now show some mental fortitude and keep this an honest site for the game and brave enough to shut down the distractions.

xd 40 btw.. mustang pocketlite somewhere else on my body.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
ok - enough business talk on the course. you folks need some balance. keep the heavy stuff elsewhere. this forum is for finer points than that coarse stuff. In fact this separation IS the point. I have many guns. NRA life member in fact. Now show some mental fortitude and keep this an honest site for the game and brave enough to shut down the distractions.

xd 40 btw.. mustang pocketlite somewhere else on my body.
This thread hasn't even begun to get off track. Just wait though.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
This guy
1367810455706.jpg

OP
William Tipton

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
We have a reoccurring theme where it doesn't matter what the topic is. We end up usually so far off that whatever we are talking about has no resemblance to the original post.
I see.
It happens on pretty much every forum I post on. I dont worry about it much.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.