• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats your carry gun?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Nice piece!

I have several speed loaders for my revolver. Do you prefer speed strips?

Thanks! I prefer the speed strips for concealed carry. I own speed loaders too, but I use them in the nightstand. Speedloaders are quicker for sure but do not conceal well.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Thanks! I prefer the speed strips for concealed carry. I own speed loaders too, but I use them in the nightstand. Speedloaders are quicker for sure but do not conceal well.
Cool, I've never messed with them but might grab a couple.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
The main benefit is that you can keep a couple reloads with you and not be too bulky. They are quicker than fumbling around for single rounds. I place them in the cylinder two rounds at a time. Works well.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Looking at picking up either a .454 Casull or a .500 S&W. Not sure on Casull rds but the .500's are about $50-60 for a box of 20 rds so not exactly something I would be shooting for hrs on end.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Looking at picking up either a .454 Casull or a .500 S&W. Not sure on Casull rds but the .500's are about $50-60 for a box of 20 rds so not exactly something I would be shooting for hrs on end.

That's not the only reason. I've shot a few of them, and the recoil will make you not want to shoot it very much either. The longer the barrel the better...but none of them are pleasant.

🔥 Latest posts