• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats Your One Secret

The White Tiger

Aug 4, 2006
G'day everyone, my name's Bill and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. This is my first post and thread. I've been playing golf only a few rounds a year for twenty years now so have never really improved. Unfortunately I'm too busy working to feed my four kids and now have another one on the way, just when I thought I was going to play more golf. Most of my golf is swinging a club thru the long grass in the backyard, primarily my driver. What i enjoy most when i play my five brothers is crunching my driver 330 yards down the fairway. If I only hit one or two I'm happy, i know from life experience that practice makes perfect so I'm not hard on myself. Which brings me to my question, whats your one secret to hit the ball sweet? Mine is Slow and Low, take the driver out as slow and as low as you can directly behind the ball, gets me into a great position to hammer the ball. Cheers!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Welcome!

Rotate, rotate, rotate until I can really feel a good coil.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Slow backswing and follow through.
Also welcome.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Double up the right field line, stupid but it works. When I hit the ball with a good swing that I would have used to hit a baseball hard up the right field line and into the corner for a double, it's gone.:)

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
We have two people within us

when it comes to golf. One is the coach who conducts practice, sets goals, visualizes and plans shots, gets us into the proper set up. The other person is the player that actually executes the shot. The coach is governed by the conscious, and the player SHOULD be governed by the subconscious.

Realizing this will get rid of the tension and perfectionism and other such mental blocks. At last, you will be able to "just do it!" Sincerely, Cypressperch

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Relax, keep my head down, and have confidence that I know what I'm doing.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
JEFF4i said:
Relax, keep my head down, and have confidence that I know what I'm doing.

Perfect. This is exactly my thought too.

See the ball flight, feel the swing, execute.

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
When everyone's looking away, don't underestimate the mighty handwedge. :D

My son has a mean footwedge, it's his 11 iron.:)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Swing harder :) . I just take aim at a tree or object in the distance. When I'm really looking to crush one I squat down a bit and get my quads behind the ball. Haven't had the consistency with the driver to do this very much recently though.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
bash the living crap out of it....thats how i roll. i tend to focus more, complete my swing better and my tempo is somehow better too. i'm one of the few people i know who play better when they swing out of their shoes than try to just go nice and easy.

touch shots do suffer mightily though, but i'm working

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Youngun5 said:
bash the living crap out of it....thats how i roll. i tend to focus more, complete my swing better and my tempo is somehow better too. i'm one of the few people i know who play better when they swing out of their shoes than try to just go nice and easy.

touch shots do suffer mightily though, but i'm working

Touch shots and Bash the crap out of it, two phrases that one wouldn't normally call part of their repetoire. One or the other maybe, but certainly not both.
:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.