• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

When the wheels fall off....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
... what is YOUR secret to get back on track?

Started with a nice par today. Our 2nd hole is my nemesis. 185 lofted high over a sand trap guarding the front of the green. Trees on the right so you almost have to hit a high cut. I can usually loft a hybrid over the trap and ....
Today, I skulled my tee shot and it rolled maybe 40 yards. Did save bogey. 3rd hole, pulled drive left and clipped a tree. Hit a perfect 5-wood that was drawing towards the hole and it clips a limb. Double bogey.
By this time, my cart partner has totally and completely got me so mad at him I could spit nails. He can be a pain at times, but today he was at his best worst. 3 over after 3. Can't concentrate due to the mind not wanting to block out Mr. Know-It-All. By hole 6 I had a splitting headache and the wind was not gusting to over 20 mph.

Never really got it back today. Do not remember making solid contact with a ball all day. Rolled in a couple long putts, but missed some short ones. Chipping is usually one of my strong points. Skulled a couple clear over greens today.

What do YOU do to get back on track?
1.) Pull your bag off the cart, strap to shoulder, walk in to clubhouse and buy about 5 beers even though you haven't drank alcohol in decades?
2.) Pick least liked club. Walk up behind cart partner when he's about ready to putt. Reach over head and wrap said unlikable club around his neck?
3.) Use nothing but putter for the remainder of the round. Tee to green on par 4's and 5's with putter?
4.) Notice couple playing by themselves two holes behind you. Take cart. Go back to the couple. Walk over and pinch the lady on the breast. Have husband/boy friend put you out of your misery?
5.) Stop at pawn shop on way back home from course. Sell golf clubs. Buy checkers and checkerboard. Have wife pack your things and take you and your checkers to the closest nursing home where you will reside for the rest of your time?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
But seriously....99% of the time when I get pissed it's because I'm not hitting it well. 99% of the time when I'm not hitting it well, I'm not keeping my spine angle where it needs to be during the swing. I start moving backwards and forward causing me to hit it fat/thin which is infuriating. Once I stop doing that I start getting better contact and all is well again.

Although the grabbing some random chicks boobs on the course does sound like a good time for me.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Option 6: Give up the game for 9 years.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Club up, choke down on the shaft and 3/4 swings until the wheels reattach. Check your tempo too. Oh, and work on the attitude. NOBODY can hit a good shot when they're pissed off. ;)
Disagree....I hit the longest drive of my life after picking it up on the previous hole because I was so pissed. Grip it and rip it.

360 yard par 4, down hill, down wind, and I was about 20 yards off the front of the green. Pretty sure I even bogey'd it. :(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Figured I would measure it on google to see...

Capture.PNG

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Disagree....I hit the longest drive of my life after picking it up on the previous hole because I was so pissed. Grip it and rip it.

360 yard par 4, down hill, down wind, and I was about 20 yards off the front of the green. Pretty sure I even bogey'd it. :(
Well, ok..........

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Club up, choke down on the shaft and 3/4 swings until the wheels reattach. Check your tempo too. Oh, and work on the attitude. NOBODY can hit a good shot when they're pissed off. ;)

Yup! Take your medicine and a breath, regroup and move on. Everyone has a bad hole, but I try to limit myself to one and only one!!

I am a trash talker on course, but a friendly one. There is obviously a point when enough is enough!! I just enjoy a little friendly fun poking and competitive banter during a round. But know when to shut up!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online