• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WHEN YOU BET for those that do..

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Have you guys ever heard of the 'Rumble' format ? It is usually played over 16 holes and 1 score in your 4-ball counts for the first 4 holes, 2 scores for the 2nd lot of holes, 3 for the 3rd set and all scores count for the final 4 holes. That is a real good one for rooting others on, too..:)

Yes we do that in our traveling tourneys. We call it a 'pink ball'.

We buy a sleeve of "Flying Lady's" which is a pink ball. We give one pink ball to each foursome and they rotate the ball among the four players in sequence as you described above. (Two players get it five times).

The team with the lowest net score with the ball wins - with one caveat: If your team loses the ball - they auotmatically forfeit the bet money....

The master

Oct 24, 2004
"Fifty, fifty and a pound" is a common bet negotiated on our first tee prior to play, particuarly if you are playing with or against someone you don't normally play with, as that is a more 'friendly' bet, if you like. That means that £2 ($4) is the most one person can lose.

When I used to play pairs matches with my mates we would have played for a "Blueboy" - a fiver straight. Used to be great craic and you would fight for that fiver as you got bragging rights in the bar afterwards ! :D

Paying for lunch afterwards has been done before and is a good one as you can harp on about how good it tastes when it is free, etc. :laugh: :D

I have caddied for guys before and they've been playing for 500 bucks a hole and stuff. I have been cacking myself and praying that they hit good shots !! :real angry: :laugh:

There is a term that you Americans use when you play for money. It is a very commonly used term and the name of it escapes me at the moment. I would say more, but I never understood to concept of it. Anyone know what I am talking about here....??

The fifty, fifty a pound is a common game we usually play, it keeps it exciting, and even if your team has a terrible front 9 you can still save something on the back 9, it keeps you interested throughout the game.

A few buddies in my self would occasionally play a £1 a hole skins but it often gets to serious, and everyone gets really anal over rules and stuff so I prefer just to keep the stakes low for a good banter match.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Talking of betting, I slapped £50 on Stenson to win his match at the World Matchplay thinking that he was 2-up. As it happens he had moved to 1-up (after being 5-up), hence the slightly favourable 9-4 odds. Thankfully he won 2 in a row there to go to 3-up with 6 or so to go. Am sweating it out here. Was watching the tv thinking "what the **** have I just done here ??!!"
Also stuck £12-50 on Els to win outright at 9-2, I think it was...

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I forget after reading all these taht mentioned UNITS yes Dots is the same thing to us, but ours are usually $1 each. and " Dots " because thats how me mark it on the card.
Joe 4 : (2 dots )
Dad 5 ( nothing )etc...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
6-6-6

Players A and B vs. Players C and D for the first six holes.
Players A and C vs. Players B and D for the next six holes.
Players A and D vs. Players B and C for the final six holes.

Foursomes all round. Total individual points wins.

I like this game because you have to play well for 18 holes to win, since you play an equal number of holes with each player.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I used to play skins with my dad and his friends but I got officially kicked out of the twice a week matches. Considering I am like a 7 handi now just dont change my sig or name. They are all over 20, most of them in the 30s, and we did not apply handicaps to the matches. We played outright scores, this is how I ho drivers and am buying new irons. I collected something like $1k before I got kicked out over the summer lol. Oh well now I just play with friends or with my dad and his friends but I dont count towards the money:real angry:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.