• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WHEN YOU GET OLD

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You get to meet many new types of doctors... :poop:

Dermatologists​

Ophthalmologists​

Cardiologists​

Gastroenterologists​

Urologists​

Pulmonologists​

Otolaryngologists​

Radiologists​

Rheumatologists​

Anesthesiologists​

Oncologists​

Nephrologists​

And probably many more I haven't yet had to meet. Getting old advances your knowledge of the medical field for sure.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
My description says "ender of all threads". Here I am ending my own thread. And look at all the other threads I have ended. It's finally happened. I'm the only one here now. 😭

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I met a number of those "...ists" long before I got old! With all the broken bones I've had and the history of kidney stones, seemed to be on a first name basis with some. Recently, the cardiologist genre has entered the picture. But, that was easy... so far.
We are blessed to live in a time of medical miracles!!! They are keeping us alive a whole lot longer... even though we may not know who we are or where we are. The stories our granddaughter brings home from the nursing home where she works makes us wonder if society is wise extending the life expectancy spectrum.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I woke up the other day, after a completely normal previous day, and my foot hurt.

Is this just how life works after 35?
I married a beautiful and patient lady and feel younger every day!!!! Except...

Soak my dentures every night. Container... water... drop in the cleanser tablet... drop in the denture... replace container lid.... head to bed. Simple routine I've done since 2010.
Up in the morning... remove denture from the container... rinse... take shower... out of shower, apply denture adhesive and put denture in my mouth.
(Only upper plate. Partial in 1981 followed by full plate in 2010.)

Two mornings ago, got up and headed to bathroom. Removed lid from container. WHAT??? No denture!!! Then I realized I had put the water and cleanser tablet in the container the night before... but forgot to take out the denture and drop it in!! Slept all night with the denture in and never realized it.

A mind is a wonderful thing until you hit about 70. Then it slowly fades away........

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
At some point after 35, yes. Some people's points are just farther out than others.

35...rat bastid
My daughter is 16 now, turns 17 in July...She's finally making me feel old. Girl can put food away like no other and never gains any weight. Being a semi-competitive swimmer helps that quite a bit...

Sons are 9, 5, 2. It's funny how going to kids events are different now. When we used to go to Aria's softball games, we were always the young parents. Now we're the average parents, and with our 2 year old we're going to be the older parents.

Last edited:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Good lord, glark... keep it in your pants!
My paternal Grandfather made sure to let me know that I was the last male of our namesake. My father only had one brother, and he had 5 girls trying for a boy. So I was it.

So after I had a girl he made me promise to at least have one more, and make sure it was a boy. I figured, if 1 son is good, 3 is better. My grandpa made it long enough to see my first two boys, but not the last one. Passed at 96. Unfortunately, my father didn't get to meet any of my boys.

My wife had the 'tubes tied' as they say during her last C-section. So we're done having kids. With 3 boys in the house...I'm kinda glad. These 3 are a handful. I'll wait for grandkids at this point.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
not_a_clown_car.jpg

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I had 3 daughters by my first wife and one daughter by my last. I have five grandsons. My brother sssmokin had one daughter. So our last name is ending when we die. Would have loved to have a son or two to share hunting, golf and sports but it is what it is.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've 3 boys. Mentioned it to a golfing partner once, who had three girls. "Lucky bastxxxd" says he!
Apart from "putting it in there" I had very little to do with it. As Jerry says, it is what it is.
My boys are now 22 (musician), 20 (engineer) and 13 (who knows!!) so I'm now mentally preparing for grand kids. Let's see.
Mark

🔥 Latest posts